HID headlights installed

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed HID headlights on my bike tonight. I bought a H4 bi-xenon kit and a H7 kit from HID Kits | XenonDepot HID conversion Kits | Xtreme Xenon Light Kit| Projector Halo Headlamp | LED Tail Lights | Xenon Bulbs and ballasts. I mounted the ballasts in the front fairing. Below are the pictures, let me know if you have any questions.

DSCF0211-1.jpg

DSCF0212-1.jpg

DSCF0213-1.jpg

DSCF0214-1.jpg

DSCF0216-1.jpg

DSCF0218-1.jpg

DSCF0220-1.jpg

DSCF0221-1.jpg

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
No projectors?

Nevermind. The beam pattern tells the story. Don't mean to rain on your parade, hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:

Jeff231

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Looks good. Projectors or not they are still a hell of a lot brighter than any ultra white bulb can be. Just make sure the glare isn't too bad for on coming drivers and your set.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I managed to aim one side properly but the other wouldn't focus in a way that it could be bearable for the oncoming traffic. So I took them off and used a pair of Philips Xtreme +80 bulbs. Not the same output but I am happy with their performance. I decided to do the projector retrofit at a later stage though

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice...welcome to the HID world. Makes it huge difference. Its the best thing. Those look like 4300K....right?
Well good luck with your new upgrade.

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice...welcome to the HID world. Makes it huge difference. Its the best thing. Those look like 4300K....right?
Well good luck with your new upgrade.
They are 6000K. I originally wanted to mount the ballasts under the seat, but I would have to extend the wires otherwise. Everything is hidden under the front cowling anyway, so you can't see any of the wiring/ballasts.

Sorry, I originally wrote that they were 8000K.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I got a Euro Effects 8000k HID kit off ebay for 150 and it looks similar to what you got. I did the same thing on the install too. I got some good industrial strength velcro and taped it to the side under the front cowling.