Her name is Autumn.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got tired of updating the bad news thread, so here's a new one.

My bike is nearing completion. I just got the bodywork back from the paint shop, and they did a great job. Paint code is Ford UY "Molten Orange" taken from the Raptor. It's a red-orange base with a gold pearl topcoat.

donebike2.jpg

donebike3.jpg

Link to old thread...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/hall-shame/35008-worst-thanksgiving-ever.html

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still waiting on a FZ16 kit from nubz, but I might put the old battle scarred one back on for the mean time.

donebike4.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW!! I can't wait to see a pic of it when it's in the sunlight!
We all might need shades on, but still can't wait! :thumbup:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She started under her own power. At first I had an error code 12 because the crank position sensor was unplugged. Then, when I got it running, I heard a horrible screeching sound. It turned out to be the little wire hold down bracket in the stator cover dragging the flywheel. I bent it back a tad, and she purrs like a kitten.

[Edit] I just put in the order for a set of black Rizoma Spy R mirrors. I've got one unbroken cheapo bar end mirror until then.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not anymore. I finally took it out, changed the oil, filled it with coolant, took the gas tank to get filled, mounted a mirror and the old headlights, and drove it to the gas station to air up the tires. (midnight by then) I'm still short turn signals because I cut the wires off the old ones in haste while tearing down, but I'll run for some more tomorrow.

hadtoride.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Frame is antique bronze and motor is cast iron. As soon as I walked outside to go get some more parts, it started raining hard, and I noticed the fuel pump gasket is leaking. :(

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take it a nearby park or something for the BOTM pic. :)

I found the culprit on the fuel tank and why it didn't initially leak. The gasket was perfect, but there was paint on the mating surface of the tank, and it took a couple of hours to melt through. Luckily the paint I used on the engine is fuel resistant. I just sanded off the remaining paint, and gave the gasket a healthy does of Hylomar. (BTW I've never used it before, but I've already swore off of all other gasket makers just from using it this one time)