Help: Where to Locate Fuse box?

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased this so I could have a waterproof fuse box for accessories and not have so many direct wires to the battery
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000THQ0CQ/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 5025 ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I would like to locate this under the seat but the molding for the tool kit will not allow this to rest flat. I would really appreciate any thoughts on where to locate this new addition so I can eventually expand into heated gear or aux lights.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a really nice unit. I would say in the fairing, right side or under the seat.

TownsendsFJR1300 did a fuse panel so you might find it in a search or give him a ping.

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
It won't fit under the seat without cutting plastic and I'm not sure I want to do that. I just wish under the seat was completely flat and level!

How would you affix it to the fairing?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It won't fit under the seat without cutting plastic and I'm not sure I want to do that. I just wish under the seat was completely flat and level!

How would you affix it to the fairing?

COMMERCIAL grade velro (2' wide) on a very flat surface (more contact area). The base velcro you can make larger for much more "stick".

There's a lot more room under the right side fairing once you pull the black inner fairing off.

For even more stick, once its installed, make a "strip of velcro" to strap across the unit and attach to the main base.

It isn't going anywhere.. :thumbup:

Post #7 is my set up with velcro:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/45679-power-ground-distribution.html

Last edited: