Help! Under bike drain and breathe hoses problem.

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to everybody. I'm from Greece Athens and i'm new in this forum.I own an FZ6-FAZER S2 '08 since July '08. About a week ago i fitted my bagster fuel tank cover and after fitted and trying to plie down the fuel tank again, by mistake i pulled the wrong hose under the bike and it came out in my hands.Ichecked underneath the tank and the drain and breathe hoses are on the tank and they are ok. But i remember that the one i pulled out was the third one flat cut which comes under the bike with the other 2 hoses from the tank. The problem now is that i don't know where it comes from and how can i put it back in it's place. I searched on the manual but there is nowhere such a hose. I asked 10 different mechanics of YAMAHA but noones knows where it comes from. Does anyone know where it comes from and how can i put it back in place please?
(sorry for my bad english;))

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Again. I forgot to mention that on this hose there is a white plastic contact that leads somewhere but i don't know where exactly and i cannot see.If anybody knows please help. I'll try to post some pics of the hose tomorrow.
:(

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
i would be guessing it is the overflow from the radiator overflow bottle on the bike

iirc it is on the rhs when sitting on the bike

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hi to everybody. I'm from Greece Athens and i'm new in this forum.I own an FZ6-FAZER S2 '08 since July '08. About a week ago i fitted my bagster fuel tank cover and after fitted and trying to plie down the fuel tank again, by mistake i pulled the wrong hose under the bike and it came out in my hands.Ichecked underneath the tank and the drain and breathe hoses are on the tank and they are ok. But i remember that the one i pulled out was the third one flat cut which comes under the bike with the other 2 hoses from the tank. The problem now is that i don't know where it comes from and how can i put it back in it's place. I searched on the manual but there is nowhere such a hose. I asked 10 different mechanics of YAMAHA but noones knows where it comes from. Does anyone know where it comes from and how can i put it back in place please?
(sorry for my bad english;))

I have this 3 hose to ...,- And I can't fint the other end of it ...,- Ill keep on seaching (Got the bike apart for the winter anyway) and get back to you.

Looking through the manual, the best bet I can find is the Water pump breather hose. It should be the middle of the three hoses mounted on the righthand side top of the radiator.

Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I got this from my manual, small pic but I hope it helps. Noone at Yamaha knows? I thought Motodynamics had a good name for great service...not so apparently.

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok put some pictures and we can see that talk, thank you.

I will post a pic of the hose later. I had one but i don't know where it is now.

I got this from my manual, small pic but I hope it helps. Noone at Yamaha knows? I thought Motodynamics had a good name for great service...not so apparently.

These three hoses are on. I thought of that too. They only have the name. They told me that i have to leave them the bike so they can search on the bike where it comes from so i left it for the 5000km service and we'll see.

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I will try to get a picture of where the hose (I can also see the white stud you mention) connects to the "engine", (engine in quotes, coz im not really sure what the funcktionallity of the part its connected to is.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Ok, so heres the picture. Its dam hard to get the lence in there, and there is no real way to get a good angle on it. However this shows you where the 3rd tube with the white plastic piece attaches.
I still dont know what its for.

Hope this helps.

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so heres the picture. Its dam hard to get the lence in there, and there is no real way to get a good angle on it. However this shows you where the 3rd tube with the white plastic piece attaches.
I still dont know what its for.

Hope this helps.

I don't know what to say. Thanks again and again. Rep left for you. I don't know neither what is in there. Maybe a drain hose for the cover of the front sprocket? Thanks again Fz6Sa!!! :D