help finding bracket for 2 to 4 piston caliper upgrade!!!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
jamboy, the dude who made the bracket, is on sportbikes.net
He hasnt logged in for a while though.
send him a pm for the specs, so maybe you can fabricate your own (or pay someone to do it).

anyways, this should be easy enough to design on your own.

You just need a bracket to secure the caliper to the fork, and then a spacer to make up for the horizontal gap.

The people who did the r6 fork mod used this spacer for that horizontal gap:
McMaster-Carr

I would make it out of stainless steel, so it can hold up to high heat coming from the caliper.

Hope this helps.

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
jamboy, the dude who made the bracket, is on sportbikes.net
He hasnt logged in for a while though.
send him a pm for the specs, so maybe you can fabricate your own (or pay someone to do it).

You just need a bracket to secure the caliper to the fork, and then a spacer to make up for the horizontal gap.

The people who did the r6 fork mod used this spacer for that horizontal gap:
McMaster-Carr

I would make it out of stainless steel, so it can hold up to high heat coming from the caliper.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your info...

Perhaps you know something...
There are 2 kinds of yamaha calipers....the 4 pot ones..

There is the one which I think is called monoblock which I think is also called radial, this one needs this bracket......

There is this other one that come with the blue/purple anodized buttons, which mount on the lower screw, and just needs one upper screw.....
and an easy to make bracket

Which one should I get?
any thoughts?

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for your info...

Perhaps you know something...
There are 2 kinds of yamaha calipers....the 4 pot ones..

There is the one which I think is called monoblock which I think is also called radial, this one needs this bracket......

There is this other one that come with the blue/purple anodized buttons, which mount on the lower screw, and just needs one upper screw.....
and an easy to make bracket

Which one should I get?
any thoughts?

I know a lot less than you think!

But you want ones that are at least compatible with our rotors i guess.
just go with the +07 fz6 calipers, or the 03-04 R6 or 06+ R6S.
I believe they are equivalent. They should mount all the same way.
They have the same technology. They will work with your stock rotors too.

I bought 09 R6S calipers and they have cool gold colored caliper caps. :rolleyes:
I wanted some parts that were newer, instead of from 2004, so I didn't have to worry about re-doing the seals or anything.

When you get your used calipers, take the gold shim off and the brake pads out, and clean the caliper using something like car soap, water and an old toothbrush. Don't use brake cleaner since it will dry up your caliper piston seals. It's good to clean that area up to make the seals work properly and last longer. Don't go nuts and scrub the hell out of your seals, either. You might as well upgrade your pads and brake lines (to stainless) as well.

I wouldn't worry about all the different brakes out there, just focus on making the ones I listed work!

Now that I think of it, you won't need those shims I listed from mcmaster carr, since you're keeping the stock forks. I bet there will be some trial and error.

Also, try to take a look at the calipers to get a good sense of how they mount, before spending the big bucks for used calipers.

Please update us on your progress!

Last edited:

gusss

Reaction score
Visit site
well as I can see I have 2 options....

There is one bracket that is obiously harder to make
and the one with the easier bracket, can also be found on older r1s(i think)
so which one should I get

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
well as I can see I have 2 options....

There is one bracket that is obiously harder to make
and the one with the easier bracket, can also be found on older r1s(i think)
so which one should I get

I would go with the blue ones, since they are working on the stock rotors.
I would design a better looking bracket, though. At least spray paint it black or something....

bogdani0405

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

We saw the system, and me and my brother got interested in it. Because the adapters cost 200 euros without shiping(look for the us/euro ratio), and it looks a little expensive for us, we decided to try to do it ourselves. We ordered of ebay pairs of used, for me R1 04-06 radial calipers, and for him GSXR 2006/2007 Tokico radial calipers(he has a SV650) , and as soon as the packages arrive we're going to try to make the adapters. So, if I'm succesful, in a month or so I'm coming back with the results. Keep the fingers crossed.

Asfalt uscat

Last edited:

bogdani0405

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My brother's adapters are made, and he has new and improved brakes(such a difference between radial brakes and standard brakes), in a week and a half my adapters should be ready. Fingers crossed. All in all it will cost me around 70 $, the adapers. The concept and design was made by my brother, so...it's free.

Asfalt uscat