HELP!! Big dillema

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I've Just taken a 2009 street triple r for a spin and it was awesome. already has the bellypan, pazzo shorties, full arrow system. $11500. guy selling it who is the bike mechanic said it had been in an accident and he replaced the front end etc. checked on revs and rta vehicle history and its a repairable write off.Has been inspected and re registered by rta. On the test ride I didn't notice any noises( except for the sweet sound of the arrow system) or any vibration etc.
Should I get it or not?

opinions please

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, bitten by the triple bug. Such an awesome machine! I'd be tempted to steer away from it. If the budget is an issue, definitely worth looking at a non-R version. Sure you lose adjustability, but the suspension is set really well for street use from the factory. In fact the R is a tad on the harsh side and needs to be softened as it stands (imo).

Could be a bargain buy and have zero issues, but just wondering if you'll have a harder time with resale that's all.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats what I was thinking about resale as well but if I keep it for at least five years then trade it in I prob wouldn't lose too much.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's going to be a 5yr bike then yeah not so much of an issue. And I'm sure if you string it along for a bit you could get it for $11k even hey. What colour? I'm very envious!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buy it.....

Having a Trumpy in the family is great. We're on our 2nd (06 Daytona 675 and 09 Speed Triple). I would loooovvvveeee to add to the collection with either a Monster 696 or Street Triple R.

Go for it :D:D:D

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a Street Triple, just got one piece of advice. Buy an aftermarket regulator and install it unless you want to risk an unexplained breakdown. It's the kryptonite of that range of bikes.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But they look pretty :D

I want the grey Street Triple R but this week I saw the Limited Edition Speed Triple in Mikes Triumph newsletter - yes people - that is red carbon fiber :drool: :drool: :drool:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Its grey thereis one that looks pretty much exact the same(same 3 into 1 system) on bikepoint for sale up in brisbane for around 4 grand more. I rode the new z1000 the other day and it didn't put the smile on my face that this bike did.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very close to breaking. Problem will be finding someone to insure me after having just lost license!

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're off "Insure my ride" for life then! The least stringent at the moment is NRMA, but of course you pay :) And for that reason the 675 is going to be a far easier choice than a 1000 or 1050!

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats it I'm off to get it! Thanks everyone for talking me round. photos in a day or so!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with your purchase....Cant wait to see what the heck you have neen "banging on" about! :D

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got it. Some new photos in the album. Sorry for indoor phots but its been raining.
I'm a happy man!