helmet lock

Apart from in the manual where it says (regarding the helmet lock):
Never ride with a helmet attached to the helmet holder, since the helmet may hit objects, causing loss of control and possibly an accident.

Obviously if you don't value the life of whoever will be wearing it, I can't see any issues with riding with a helmet attached to the lock, if your going to abuse a helmet like that then may as well just get them to go barehead, as it will match your tshirt, thongs and shorts.
Of course a helmets only useful if you crash! Right?

actually i do very much value my g/f's life. i don't know if you don't understand where im talking about putting the helmet, or maybe you're just ignorant, but if your helmet hits something that you or your bike didn't hit then thats to close of a call anyway. Aside from it not being able to hit something that your leg doesn't hit, there is no abuse to the helmet whatsoever. As far as what i wear when i ride, i wear riding pants, jacket, helmet, and gloves so unless you're a squid and you were talking about what you wear, then i suggest you don't make an assumption about what a fellow rider that knows about safety wears.

No problem, has anyone else tried this? Thoughts about it?

Seems like an ingenious solution to me..... I'd rather have a lockable setup that is simpler to use, but in a pinch this is a semi-secure way to store a helmet.

Someone that knows what they're doing could still undo the chin strap, and take the helmet; but I think that would be pretty long odds. They'd assume it was on a standard helmet lock that goes through the D rings and move on to easier pickings.

Not bad for my $150 HJC..... I'd have a much harder time trusting that with a $6 or $700 helmet. At that point, one of the aftermarket add on locks would become much more appealing.

Yeah, I've only left mine on my bike at work a few times like that. I mostly just take it with me. I just don't have the money to replace it if I loose it. Although it would be an excuse to get the rf1100 to replace it.

As someone else posted, a cable lock through the chin bar means you know the helmet will be there when you get back. If you have a long enough cable, you can thread it through your jacket sleeves, and lock the jacket to the bike as well.

This isn't the exact model, but pretty close to what I use. I wrap it around the handle bars and through the helmet eye port. I keep in under my seat. My only complaint is having to wrap it back up each time, but never worried that my helmet or jacket will be gone when I get back. I like the idea of the after market lock that goes on the handle bars too. That would be faster if I just want to lock my helmet and take my jacket. Where does everyone put their gloves at? Under the seat, in the helmet, take them with them,....?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-8417D-Adjustable-Locking/dp/B000XTPNZK/ref=dp_cp_ob_hi_title_1]Amazon.com: Master Lock 8417D Python 6-Foot Adjustable Locking Cable: Home Improvement[/ame]

Back