Helmet and gas tank for sale

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a gas tank from a 2008 FZ6 for sale. There are no dents. There are a couple of spots, one on each lower flange, where the paint chipped and some surface rust has formed. Asking $350.

Also have a Scorpion EXO-700 helmet. It does have a few chips and scuffs in the paint. Size is large. Previous owner threw in the helmet when I bought my FZ6 from him. I already have two helmets and don't really need a third. Asking $50.

The gas tank was an extra with the bike as well. The previous owner bought this tank from Yamaha and had it painted green:confused:. It was on the bike when I bought it, but couldn't stand the green on an all black bike:eek:, so I put the original black tank back on.:thumbup:

Any questions just ask.

Thanks,

Nick

06bmfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
new oem tank would cost about 350... all things considered i can confidently offer you a very fair 160 for a tank id have to remove a few rust spots from :thumbup:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
new oem tank would cost about 350... all things considered i can confidently offer you a very fair 160 for a tank id have to remove a few rust spots from :thumbup:

??:confused:??

No offense...but would you mind sharing where you can get this price on a new OEM tank? Best I have seen is just shy of $500 depending on the color.

I think it would make many people happy to find a *new* tank for $350.

Thank you!

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
??:confused:??

No offense...but would you mind sharing where you can get this price on a new OEM tank? Best I have seen is just shy of $500 depending on the color.

I think it would make many people happy to find a *new* tank for $350.

Thank you!

Thanks Skooter, the best price I've seen for a new OEM tank was right around $600. Another forum member was selling a blue tank for $325 plus shipping. It sold but I do not know if he got the full amount.

Nick

Last edited:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Thanks Skooter, the best price I've seen for a new OEM tank was right around $600. Another forum member was selling a blue tank for $325 plus shipping. It sold but I do not know if he got the full amount.

Nick

I sold my tank for the asking price of $350 and shipping was about $25. I got the number from another member on here who sold their tank in similar condition a few months before I did the paint overhaul.

additional info, I bought the one I painted off ebay for $40 but it was scratched up but no serious dents.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Diamond black tank from flee bay that had two scratches 1cm in length through the decal for £25.00 from e-bay. I was Quoted £450.00 for a new one by Yamaha.
Mint tanks fetch outrageous prices. The sad thing is that its one of the first things to get the good news if you drop it.
Good luck with the sale.

Nelly

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I just bought a blue one here advertised as being in mint condition (should come in tomorrow of Friday) for $350+$25 for shipping. Seemed reasonable to me as a new one from cheapcycleparts.com is $604.48.

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Price drop:

$300 plus shipping on the tank. No dents or scratches. The only rust is on the outside where the rubber bumpers slide onto the flange, and that looks to be an easy fix with naval jelly or some similar rust dissolver.

Thanks,
Nick

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in that tank. Just a color issue I can solve:) I'm in Norway, but as long as I pay the shipping, it shouldn't be a problem for you, right?

(I crashed my bike on monday...)

06bmfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
what i said was definitely not what i meant, if that makes any sense. sorry. i should have simply stated that would be a fair price IF the tank was in mint condition.. that being said, yes rust is my least favorite thing in the world