Hello

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd say hi. I am in Calgary, ride a Piaggio X9 500ie maxi-scooter but have been looking for a FZ6 for some months now. It's the bike for me. I want a red one but they quick making red a couple years back so it's a bit hard to find. There are a couple used ones out there so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Figure I might as well get on the FX6 forum now, hope nobody minds. Cheers!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the FZ6 forum...the FX6 forum is next door.

By just choosing red you close down 75% of the other options...but good luck.

Steve

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a couple bikes I found locally. The first has just 2000km on it, all stock, no issues. Tha second has 16,000km, had a new clutch, luggage, touring windscreen, and new levers.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I'll put it on the list! I think '07 was the last year for red. I'll let you know as I want to sell my bike first.

The new clutch after 16,000km issue suprised me too...that's not something you would normally mod as far as I know. I've asked the seller for some info about that. Personally I'd rather get something newer anyway.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome mate,

There is only one red FZ6 not to buy.........
Don't worry it was sold back to a dealer in Salton City (not quite hell, but you can see it from there).
Good luck with the hunt.

Nelly

W

wrightme43

LOL LOL LOL

That was priceless Nelly.

On the clutch from the helmet it looks like a lady riders bike, she may of been learning, or may of been very aggressive but the tour gear kinda says no to that.

They may of replaced because of failure to adjust the clutch lever right too. You just never know.

I know I have given mine total hell, and still do all the time. Works great, bite my tounge and knock on wood.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL LOL LOL

That was priceless Nelly.

On the clutch from the helmet it looks like a lady riders bike, she may of been learning, or may of been very aggressive but the tour gear kinda says no to that.

They may of replaced because of failure to adjust the clutch lever right too. You just never know.

I know I have given mine total hell, and still do all the time. Works great, bite my tounge and knock on wood.

All the hard luggage along is worth hundreds! Worth considering after you see how it runs. FZ6s are pretty bullet-proof really.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum dude.

On the clutch, find out if it was the clutch... or the clutch cable!!

Mine has done 18,000 Km, and I just replaced my clutch cable, it was getting a bit stiff and didn't want it to break while I was out riding.

:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome mate,

There is only one red FZ6 not to buy.........
Don't worry it was sold back to a dealer in Salton City (not quite hell, but you can see it from there).
Good luck with the hunt.

Nelly

Freaking Hilarious! LOL....when in the hell you coming to Vegas, I can use so more laughter.

This was an inside joke, as the former owner of that particular Red FZ was known as our "official FZ6 Test Rider".........you get the idea?

Welcome to the forum by the way. You're not the only member who converted from a big scooter to the FZ. Not me, but I recalled a few members posting a similar intro.