Hello All

xxStephenxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my first bike this weekend!!! :rockon: A stock 2008 FZ6 with 2,700 miles. The guy also threw in some aftermarket parts that I'll install after she passes inspection.

Been tooling around on some backroads, just teaching myself how to ride it and have had a ton of fun (finding that riding in 45 degrees is less than ideal).

I live in Delaware and would like to do some group rides once I feel a bit more comfortable.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Plenty of members in the Northeast and there are organized group rides every now and again. Once the weather gets warmer you will see more, so keep your eyes open on the boards.

I find that anything less than 40 degrees is not even doable without heated gear, between 40-45 is doable but cold (especially on the hands) at highway speed, and above 45 and you are good to go.

Good luck with the new bike and ride safe!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the best forum out there and best motorcycle! I'm kind of prejudice though! :D Ride safe and enjoy the ride! We need pictures of the new ride.

D

Dave.TX

Congratulations on the new (to you) bike, same as mine. I did the same thing, just rode around the back roads and such to get used to it. Have you been through a motorcycle safety course yet?

This is a great bike. Since last September I've put on about 8,000 miles. I have yet to go on a ride with another FZ6 but riding with sportbikes is mighty fun! Hope the weather improves for you soon (gets warmer).

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my first bike this weekend!!! :rockon: A stock 2008 FZ6 with 2,700 miles. The guy also threw in some aftermarket parts that I'll install after she passes inspection.

Been tooling around on some backroads, just teaching myself how to ride it and have had a ton of fun (finding that riding in 45 degrees is less than ideal).

I live in Delaware and would like to do some group rides once I feel a bit more comfortable.

:welcome:to this great forum!

Riding in 45 degrees id matter off perspective. :rolleyes: :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Where in DE are you? I often go to Newark to ride at White Clay Creek (mountain bike trails). It's less than 2 hours from me and I try to put together 2-3 group rides every season, starting from central NJ.. you're welcome to join us!

xxStephenxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't taken the safety course yet, however i am signed up for it in about 3 weeks. Even though I had never ridden a bike before, it feels natural to me.

Sad but true, I must have stalled it about 60 times before I figured out the proper clutch to throttle ratio. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous.

I'll post pics once I get her through inspection and switch out the turn signals.

xxStephenxx

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Where in DE are you? I often go to Newark to ride at White Clay Creek (mountain bike trails). It's less than 2 hours from me and I try to put together 2-3 group rides every season, starting from central NJ.. you're welcome to join us!

I live by Dover. Once I'm comfortable riding around I would definitley join you guys for a group ride. I have some friends with bikes, but they all have cruisers. I think it would be great to ride with a group of FZ6's.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
45 degrees are not as bad as 50 degrees with snow.
Take it easy and ride only withing your limits, don't try to impress anyone and get all the gear you need.

If you come over to one of Erci's rides, I'll may see you there.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't taken the safety course yet, however i am signed up for it in about 3 weeks. Even though I had never ridden a bike before, it feels natural to me.

Sad but true, I must have stalled it about 60 times before I figured out the proper clutch to throttle ratio. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous.

I'll post pics once I get her through inspection and switch out the turn signals.

Pay attention to the classroom portion of MSF. Anyone can learn to operate motorcycle controls, but staying safe out there is a completely different story. Everything we teach will help you stack the odds in your favor :thumbup: