Hello all! First question and it's another lower fairing one!

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

just joined the forum after picking up my new '09 FZ6 Fazer S2 ABS! So far so good, the bike's great but already I'm thinking of fitting a lower fairing.

My question is this.....Does the Yamaha OEM lower fit the 2009 model? I notice there were some changes to the upper fairing on 2007 models which caused a little confusion at first, so I spoke to my local Yam dealer who said the Yamaha lower fairing kit is only listed for the 2008 model, but as far as I can see the upper fairing looks the same.

I wonder if any of you have fitted this fairing? All I could find was a few threads on the Powerbronze lowers which are out of stock.

Thanks in advance, Jon.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To my knowledge, the '08 and '09 are identical thus it should fit for you.

:welcome: and congrats!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe!

I don't know about the fairing as Yamaha has not posted the 09 FZ6 parts catalog yet to compare with previous years.

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

thanks for your replies. My dealer finally got hold of Yamaha who confirmed the '08 and '09 are the same. The only reason the lower wasn't showing for '09 models was something to do with paint codes.

Just waiting to hear which colour black will match my bike (Autumn Orange scheme), Diamond or Midnight. Then they'll be on order :D

speedysteff

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

just joined the forum after picking up my new '09 FZ6 Fazer S2 ABS! So far so good, the bike's great but already I'm thinking of fitting a lower fairing.

My question is this.....Does the Yamaha OEM lower fit the 2009 model? I notice there were some changes to the upper fairing on 2007 models which caused a little confusion at first, so I spoke to my local Yam dealer who said the Yamaha lower fairing kit is only listed for the 2008 model, but as far as I can see the upper fairing looks the same.

I wonder if any of you have fitted this fairing? All I could find was a few threads on the Powerbronze lowers which are out of stock.

Thanks in advance, Jon.

HI JON

I work for powerbronze in england and we have tested them on our bike and are sure that it will fit the 09 bike no problems. We generally make the lowers to order so normal delivery time is 28 working days

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
HI JON

I work for powerbronze in england and we have tested them on our bike and are sure that it will fit the 09 bike no problems. We generally make the lowers to order so normal delivery time is 28 working days

It is great for someone that works in Powerbronze.First of all Powerbronze's fairing is so much cheaper than the one offered by Yahama OEM.But is that anyway you could produce a identical one like Yamaha?:D
I still prefer the one offered by Yamaha