Headlight's in VS-2 Kit

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
The headlight in the VS-2 kit seems alarmingly dim compared to my old set up with the fairing. I think it's like Motogiro said, the asian/ european market requires less light output.

I was wondering what a good replacement bulb is? Can I just find any H4 bulb that's 55/65 hi low and put it in? I wasn't sure if the dual filament VS-2 in a higher output will put more strain on the factory wiring harness.

Last edited:
It should be the same base on the lamp. Bring the original with you to any automotive supply and get a 55/65/watt. The wiring should not be so close as to fail with the additional wattage.
PM coming your way!

I dropped in a regular H4 bulb. It seems just as bright as my old dual 4" lights with a single bulb.

I dropped in a regular H4 bulb. It seems just as bright as my old dual 4" lights with a single bulb.

I put in the H4 that I had from my fairings that had just been removed. It was a silverstar, and was free since I already had it from before. Win win.

Are you guys shutting off the low beam filament when your high beam is active?

I only use my high beam when I am flashing someone so I haven't bothered relaying it yet. That being said I did burn up one H4 (both high and low beams simultaneously) when flashing someone a while back. I am going to be putting in a bi-xenon HID once it gets cold here and won't have to worry about it then.

I only use my high beam when I am flashing someone so I haven't bothered relaying it yet. That being said I did burn up one H4 (both high and low beams simultaneously) when flashing someone a while back. I am going to be putting in a bi-xenon HID once it gets cold here and won't have to worry about it then.

I had a friend wipe out both filaments at the same time when he was doing a lot of signalling but he was properly switched and it wasn't from overheating.

Yes HID's are nice!

I got motogiro's kit and ordered a Luminics bulb -- I have these in my car and the improvement from stock lighting was incredible, so I assumed it would carry over to the H4 bulb as well. I usually get out of work around 7 and it is already getting dark, so it would be nice to illuminate the whole street when riding.

Back