Headlight Question?

Vikingj

Minnesota Viking Fan
Reaction score
Visit site
As you all know, only one beam is lit on low beam setting up to the 08 model year. I know that most have made the conversion that has been well documented in this forum. It basically is adding a wire to the existing harness.
My question is the 09 model has both beams on in the low setting. Is it possible to just purchase this single wire direct from yamaha that was added to the 09 model? If so, how do you go about identifing it to the dealership?:confused:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As you all know, only one beam is lit on low beam setting up to the 08 model year. I know that most have made the conversion that has been well documented in this forum. It basically is adding a wire to the existing harness.
My question is the 09 model has both beams on in the low setting. Is it possible to just purchase this single wire direct from yamaha that was added to the 09 model? If so, how do you go about identifing it to the dealership?:confused:

Its probably already wired into the harness... There are several different harnesses, dependng on the area of the bike. Yamaha wouldn't add it later. Buy the BD43 conversion kit (easy install and works great) or make your own (also theads on making your own). It would be considerably cheaper/easier to go the aftermarket route...

Scott

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its probably already wired into the harness... There are several different harnesses, dependng on the area of the bike. Yamaha wouldn't add it later. Buy the BD43 conversion kit (easy install and works great) or make your own (also theads on making your own). It would be considerably cheaper/easier to go the aftermarket route...

Scott
BD43's cable is better than yamaha's!
I mean damn, it just clicked into place as if it had always been there :thumbup:

Less

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm confused by the question. The 09 FZ6 ( I have one, bought new from a dealer last April) still has the one headlight on at low beam. (I added the BD43 cable to correct this) are you talking about the FZ6R?

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm confused by the question. The 09 FZ6 ( I have one, bought new from a dealer last April) still has the one headlight on at low beam. (I added the BD43 cable to correct this) are you talking about the FZ6R?

My '09 only burns one light on dim and two on bright as well.