Headlight colors

As an option for those who don't want the YELLOW in your face look (the Nokya looks too lemon for my taste). Hella makes a yellow diachronic (yellow/blue) bulb with slightly higher than stock wattage (see my sig). I matched it with the hyper blue and it really makes people notice the bike. The yellow may not be as extreme, but it works really well at night and is a quality bulb at a great price.

I have used a combination of the Nokya hyper-yellow H4 and the oem H7 for about 2 years.

In terms of light output, it feels like a wash compared to using the oem H4 + H7 in a dual-headlight situation. The Nokya is higher wattage than a plain H4, but I think realistically the yellow coating will dampen overall output. But all in all, like I said, I think its about equivalent to a normal H4.

What I love about the yellow beam is its visual impact. The bike is much more noticable in traffic, and that can only be a good thing.

Lately I've been thinking about switching: yellow H7 plus a normal-ish H4. I've not had any legal problems with the current setup, but part of me thinks that having the "constant" beam as the yellow one would go over better.

around these parts, coloured lights for your primary lights gets you in hot water...because the law states the light must be white.
I think we should do tests much like the old coke and pepsi ones where we take unsuspecting people off the street and show them the different lights and get a true unbiased view on whether or not the different hues make a difference. Alot of times when someone spends $50 on something they just say it's better so they don't feel they wasted money.

I have both the H4 and H7 in the extreme yellow and it is "BRIGHT", so for now on I wont be worried about people not seeing me.

Does anybody have a shot of the Phillips MotoVision bulb illuminated?

I have these bulbs, but I don't have any pics or a good camera. I like them a lot on my black bike, the orange looks great. Overall the light on the road still looks white and they're much brighter than the stock bulbs. But they have a nice orange glow to them, and when I'm behind a car and can see my reflection I'm often surprised by just how orange they look.

I'm very happy with the same as Wrightme (props to have pointed me back there). Anyways, I just received BD43's dual headlight mod to complete this weekend and so will report back on the lowbeam status of both side by side. I like driving with the yellow highbeam on, but feel bad at night because it's ridiculously bright and shoots ultra far.

Nokya = great!

Back