Heading to the twisties of North Georgia, NC , SC and Tennessee

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
On this coming Wednesday I will be heading to Helen GA where myself and 6-7 others have rented a house. We will enjoy 3 full days of riding in the twisty roads of the southeast.

I will try to post some pics and an update day by day... should be a blast and I am getting excited.

sweet. have great time. looking forward to some pics! will you make it to any sections of the blue ridge pkwy?

I guess I'm fortunate to live in N GA but just got my FZ6 less than two weeks ago. Been having a blast. One word of caution!!! A lot of roads still have fine gravel (spread by the counties during the recent ice/snow). Should be clear where the cars drive but watch the edges

Enjoy. Beautiful time of the year to be here. Watch the potholes. Winter did a lot of damage to these roads, and with the road closures due to rock slides in NC, heavier truck traffic has really taken a toll on the detour routes. Be careful!

Hope you have a fun and safe ride.
Be sure to post some pics.

Cherohala Skyway ?

The Dragon ?

BRP ?

Word of caution about the Blue Ridge Pkwy, the speed limit is 45 and it's heavily patroled, you can't go 10 miles without seeing a bike pulled over. Usually more that one. But it is a beautiful ride.
If have a chance, pick 109 off 441 north of Clayton GA. It is a twistie path to Sky Valley. It runs into NC 64 which is also a lot of fun and is in pretty good shape.
But do mind the sand and gear up. I'm getting ready to post about my son's accident which has a happy ending because he was wearing his leathers.

Back