hazzard lights issue

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys would really appreciate some help on this one, i fitted some aftermarket indicators a while ago and my hazzards have stopped working. theyre standard 12v bulb indicators just smaller than stock. i have been told it might be the flasher relay but im not sure on this. when i flick the hazzards on they flash quickly just once then stop working. where is the flasher relay ? and i didnt think that changing standard indicators with 12v bulb non led indicators would make a difference? thanks!

diggler

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys would really appreciate some help on this one, i fitted some aftermarket indicators a while ago and my hazzards have stopped working. theyre standard 12v bulb indicators just smaller than stock. i have been told it might be the flasher relay but im not sure on this. when i flick the hazzards on they flash quickly just once then stop working. where is the flasher relay ? and i didnt think that changing standard indicators with 12v bulb non led indicators would make a difference? thanks!
Hi Tanman,
Did you manage to solve this problem? I have exact same problem.

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Tanman,
Did you manage to solve this problem? I have exact same problem.

I ended up putting the standard indicators back on for an mot and just left it that way. I'm guessing a led flasher relay would sort it, that's what my local dealer said. This problem drove me mad and after putting the standard indicators on I just wanted tok forget about it! Hope you get it sorted.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you change out the stock relay to and electronic type toy should be go to go unless you have some other electrical problem causing failure. The electron type flashes using a timer as appose to the OEM flasher that uses a bi-metal element that heats and cools. That Bi-metal element is where the problem occurs as the current load on it is changed. The electronic type uses a fixed timer that causes the flash rate. They're cheap, around $20 US...:D