have you ever owned a bike you didn't like?

kkiser69

Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda an informal poll....just curious if you've ever bought/owned a bike that you ended up not liking...

- either because it was a poor product, or
- wrong "type" for the kind of riding you like, or
- wrong size, wrong fit, etc.???

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. My first bike, a Suzuki Intruder 125. For what it was it was great bike, just not right for me. I was constantly longing for the day when I could move on to something bigger, sportier and of course more powerful:) In Norway you can operate a bike up to 125 cc with a maximum of 15 hp when you're 16 (A1 license). Then when you're 18, any bike with a maximum of 34 hp (A license). And when you've had the A license for two years, or when you're over 21, you can ride whatever you like:) It's actually a good system to prevent young riders getting killed, but it can be a bit frustrating when you want that little bit of extra power. =P

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Negative. But I've only had 2.

1. '82 Yamaha Maxim 650 - Bought it for $700 Summer of 07, learned to ride over the summer, sold it come Fall for $700. Sweet deal. Kinda wish I'd kept it, she was old but reliable and a lot of fun.

2. FZ6 - Nuff said

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I almost did! I had always heard the SV 650 was a great bike, but I had never ridden one. My buddy bought one and I rode it for him when he was TDY. It was not the bike for me! I didn't like the feel of the small twin versus an inline 4. I thanked him when he got back for allowing me to keep his battery charged while he was gone and I took him to lunch for saving me thousands buying an SV 650! He then wanted to ride my FZ and when he gave the same amount of gas that he does on his SV the front wheel came up! Now he wants an inline 4!!! I did counsel him on the "wheelie for safety" concept!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They used to have a rule that forced you to ride a 250 to learn on and I bought a CBX250 as it's engine was based on the XR250 (Nice bikes). What a colossal piece of garbage. Blew it up in a week, then rebuilt it to blow it up again within a couple months. Nothing excessive. Just trying to do the speed limit while commuting:confused:.

To get oil to the top of the engine the cam chain was used to flick oil up there. If left running on the side stand for a couple minutes, so little oil got up the top that the upside cam lobes wore flat:spank::spank:.

Horrid, horrid bike. Will never buy another Honda on the strength of that one bike.:Flip:

Cheers
Mike

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. My first bike was a Ninja 250 and I hated riding it. It was the wrong shape for me, made my shoulders hurt after a long day of riding, and felt like I was riding a bicycle down the highway, I buffeted around so much in the wind. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, but for the right person, I think it is a fine choice of bike.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Never really owned one I haven't liked at the time. But the Katana: great starter bike, but probably wouldn't own another (slow & heavy, not to mention kinda ugly)... FZ is the 2nd streetbike that I've owned myself, but I've ridden quite a few other bikes that belong to others and were in my stable of bikes for extended periods.

Crazy that ozzieboy had probs w/ a Honda 250. I've owned lots of the XR's and they run forever... Now I've not been the happiest with my newer Kawi & Suzi 2-smokes...

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
'98 CBR600,usually great bikes but this one kept letting me down with little ,but expensive stuff and the service at Honda World was crap.Put me right off Honda's.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Suzuki DRZ 400S. Supposed to be reliable tanks, I put less than 200 miles on it before the oil pump failed and the motor locked up.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
my 2nd ride gsxr 400 , sold it after going on a 700km ride....i couldnt take the agressive posture on it....and the message that comes after it:p

Last edited:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I can't say that I've ever owned a bike that I didn't like. I've had three. The first was a Katana. As RyanK stated, it's a great first bike. At least for me it was. It was a bulky sucker, but it got me where I was going. And to me it was plenty fast enough.

My second was the '06 FZ6. I enjoyed the heck out of that bike. Great performance, and it was a comfortable ride.

My third (current) is the Buell XB9SX. For me, this is a fantastically fun bike. It's more than fast enough for me, and extremely nimble. To me, it's just as comfortable as my FZ6 was.

The only bike that I didn't like to ride was my brother's Ninja 250. It felt puny and rather unstable. The first and only time I ever rode it was last year on Mother's Day, which just so happened to be the windiest day that I can remember. I was all over the interstate with this bike. By the time we got back to my brother's house, I was a nervous wreck.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike was an old ninja 250 and it was a great little bike... or so i thought it was until i got my first yamaha, no i don't think i would like it very much to go back to it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never bought one that I didn't like. I figure if it has two wheels, it's got to be better than 4! I could likely adapt to most any bike and find a way to make it fun.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I owned a 1981 Yamaha xs400 that I did not like. Mainly because there was so much wrong with it. After pretty much tearing the whole bike apart and rebuilding, I got it running ok, but it never did have a solid feel. It was the first bike that I was glad to see go:cheer:, almost broke out the champagne.:rolleyes: