• Yes and I wish hadn't bothered

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
All,

I just read the old thread on the CO adjustments, I am curious how many on the forum have actually adjusted these settings? My 07 FZ6 is completely stock and I am unsure if it is even worth doing with a stock exhaust or not?
Also wondering if you have noticed anything significantly different...good or bad.

Thanks,

All,

I just read the old thread on the CO adjustments, I am curious how many on the forum have actually adjusted these settings? My 07 FZ6 is completely stock and I am unsure if it is even worth doing with a stock exhaust or not?
Also wondering if you have noticed anything significantly different...good or bad.

Thanks,

I answered no. I have a power commander.

I've just installed some leos, I've been playing with my co setting trying to find the sweet spot. Not necessarily the most HP, just the smoothest running. I started with +24, then +21, right now I'm at +15. It's runnig pretty sweet now. I found the first two setting a little rich for off the line, I'll probably try +18 next and see what happens. I havent checked my plugs yet tho. What are others experiences? I'd like to hear too.

You forgot an option - "No, I haven't had the chance yet but I'm planning to."

I would think that if you are all stock (no new cans or air filter) then you should probably leave it alone. A run on a dyno with a professional may help a tiny bit but not as much as if you have been messing around with the airflow properties of the bike. In that instance, I would definitely recommend you get a pro to sort it out for you. Not really something I would do at home.

Last edited:
It will only have a positive effect if you do it on a dyno!
Playing with it on your own you'll never get a good setting ... or maybe by chance.

And if your bike is stock, don't bother.

I have not had a chance to yet, but plan to. I have o lift the tank in a week or so to install a K&N Filter so maybe i will when i have it up. I alreay have the leo's on there so i think i will start with about +20 as the thread suggests and then have it dyno'd and keep an eye on the engine temp.

Back