Has your bike ever hit the ground?

Has your bike ever touched pavement?

• No, my bike has never been dropped, or layed down. It's still a minter.

Votes: 393 36.6%
  • Yes, the side of my bike has touched pavement.

Votes: 681 63.4%

• Total voters

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped it once or twice in the beginning. Caused by stalling and wearing a new leather jacket(arms couldn't move as much)

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I has a scooter a while back that I laid down to transport :spank: , but that really doesn't count.

Correct, unless it was the pavement! :rockon:

Bought mine used, has few scratches on fairing, so someone (
squid%5B1%5D.gif
) slipped up during it's first year.

Crotalus

Reaction score
Visit site
I hadn't had it a full week and was pushing through my yard, in grass when I lost control and dropped it. The fall broke off the turn signal stalk up front. It actually suffered scratches to the mirror it went so far over!! I now have flush mount turn signals up front.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
yes got shunted off by a car lane changing without checking blindspot doing around 70kph(45mph). only $700 cosmetic damage, torn knee ligaments and a hole through my riding boot and foot. draggin jeans prevented skin grafts though, so i'll never ride in shorts and tshirt. bitch didn't stop so i had to pay myself. hope a truck does the same too her!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not this bike, my old mx bikes hit the ground many a time! Knock on wood I have never dropped a street bike. I am extra cautious.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after having the bike since december 20 2008 and after 9600kms mine was dropped last sunday afternoon while I was teaching my girl how to ride, in straight line everything ok, but when turning right she got scared of the blacky weight and lost control, the damages were mirror, footpeg, front break lever and givi engine guard scractched, nothing serious at all and fortunately not damages to the girl - she was wearing full face helmet, cortech gloves, tourmaster long boots and icon knee protectors :rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Dirt bikes, got to be somewhere between 10 and 20, for all kinds of reasons.

FZ6, one time (knock on wood), long haul trip, rider fatigue, pulled into a rest stop, got off of the bike, started to lean it on the stand, and realized I forgot to put the stand down :shakehead:.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have come close a couple times backing out of my driveway, but I have yet....nope I'm not going to say it....as soon as I do it will end up sideways!

arv077

arfz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Twice. Consecutive days. At 0 mph. Same darn mistake! (hopefully learnt a good lesson.)

Kicked the stand, but failed to notice that that side stand had flipped back up to its original position, and nicely let the bike drop to the ground, while watching in horror. Minor scruffs on the engine casing, and left rear-view mirror. HATED myself, when I let it happen again the next day :spank:. This was a week after I got my first ever bike (05' fz6) in this country. :confused:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry, there is time yet...

Thanks, that makes me feel better! :Flip:

Hey Wavex, how many has it been now?

1 totalled bike in France (CB500) + 3 crashes on 2 different FZ6s, which both ended up totalled.

So that's 4 crashes and 3 totalled bikes... :spank: Never broke a bone though... touch some wood.

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that you've jinxed us all...

I vote no, because it's never technically touched pavement. However, it did end up horizontal once when loading it into my truck. The front wheel slipped on the ramp, and fell over, but the ramp caught it, and it never touched the ground. Scared the crap out of me though.

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, unfortunately.

One morning as I was preparing to leave, I dropped a glove off the right side of the bike while I was already astride the bike with the sidestand up.

Being a colossal dumbass and woefully undercaffeinated at that point, I thought I could bend down far enough to pick it up.

...And I did!

As I came back upright, I guess momentum carried me too far and the bike went slowly over onto its left side. Seriously, it took probably 15 or 20 seconds to go fully down. I fought it the whole way, and nearly won a few times. There is a minute scrape on the case and on the left mirror.

These days, I finish gearing up before I start to mount up. :spank: