handling

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Suspension. A set of Racetech springs in the front will make quite a bit of diff on the FZ.

About the tires, BT016s are awesome for the street. Sticky, but they won't last too long :)

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Suspension. A set of Racetech springs in the front will make quite a bit of diff on the FZ.

About the tires, BT016s are awesome for the street. Sticky, but they won't last too long :)

yes... racetech or check out sonic springs a well... they have an amazing team and support. they were replaying back to my emails @ 10PM!?!? WTF, this is like super awesome. they seem to have as good reviews as racetech but about 60% of racetech price. I just got 1kg/mm springs + 2 liter of 15wt + shipping to Canada/Montreal for less then $120.:rockon:

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys .i have a small problem. do help me out on this. after reach 180 to 190km/h my bike start to wobble on the front. do you guys have this issue as well? anyone have this issue and aready solve this ?thankyou so much for your help . cheers

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
No, this is not normal on the FZ6... and quite dangerous too :)

I would look at the following in this order:
- steering head bearing (search this forum for threads about how to check them without tearing the front end apart)
- front axle and rotors (is the axle properly installed with all proper gaskets and shims? are the rotors bent out of shape?...)
- fork oil/springs/seals...

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Other than the high dollar items, on these bikes the tires and tire pressures are everything! I lowered my pressures to 33/36 PSI, (front/rear), and it made a huge difference!
(Now if I could just slow down to impulse speed for some of the more wicked turns)

impheatus81

Reaction score
Visit site
No, this is not normal on the FZ6... and quite dangerous too :)

I would look at the following in this order:
- steering head bearing (search this forum for threads about how to check them without tearing the front end apart)
- front axle and rotors (is the axle properly installed with all proper gaskets and shims? are the rotors bent out of shape?...)
- fork oil/springs/seals...

thank you so much for your help i will look into that

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
any recommendations on the tires i should put on?

I just put a pair of Metzler Sportec M5 Interact tires on and I really like them. The bike feels much better in the turns than the Bridgestones that it came with. Got the pair for $380 CAD taxes in. Check them out on there site. They are Metzler's newest tires.:thumbup:

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys .i have a small problem. do help me out on this. after reach 180 to 190km/h my bike start to wobble on the front. do you guys have this issue as well? anyone have this issue and aready solve this ?thankyou so much for your help . cheers

I think it is a good idea to check the bike over for anything that could be wrong. Bolts can loosen from vibration or just not being tightened properly. You may need new tires. Just because they still have tread does not mean they are good.
Run the palm of your hand alone the tread and see if the surface is smooth or bumpy. Tire should be smooth. Remember though the bike is very light compared to the bigger bikes. If you are also small theres not much keeping the bike from wanting to lift off the ground at that speed. Its just my opinion but I think a fork brace would help this a lot too. Theres not much of a brace there on them. Pretty much just the fender. It does sound like you should get it checked for any problems though. I've had mine up to 227km/h and it feels pretty light but not wobbling. I know it was still picking up speed but I let off it at that point.