Handle Bar Risers - UK

kierran87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a 2004 FZ6, and i am looking out for some Handle Bar Risers now, as i get sore wrists quite often with this bike (anyone else?).

Can anyone from the UK provide some good options for risers as i'm, not very experienced with mods.

Here is what i have found so far:

Handle bar riser YAMAHA FZ6 Fazer 30mm Rise ALLOY | eBay

Handlebar risers (BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, Gas-Gas, Honda, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha), rise height of 20mm, 25mm, 30mm or 50mm - by SW-MOTECH - TwistedThrottle.com

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance :thumbup:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you have a very small frame you might want to swap the handlebar instead.

Check out Renthal Road handlebars, made in the UK. If you're around the 6' mark the medium should be perfect. Search the forum if you're interested in this approach.

kierran87

Reaction score
Visit site
Like previous poster, i have to say it might be the bare shape more than the rise!

The stock bar has a weird twist that is pretty uncomfortable.
If you like the stock bar, the FZ6R is the same but with a 1" rise.

Check out this thread:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/50793-fz6r-handlebars-drill-needed.html

I think you may be right, I've looked at my wrists when on the bar, and it seems to put pressure on them because of the shape. Gonna take a look at them Handlebars now. I'm 6ft 2, so any recommendations??

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'2 also and love the FZ1 bar.

They have a little bit longer reach forward, but with your size it shouldn't be uncomfortable. If you don't want to have lower bars but want a nicer angle go for FZ6R.
What i would recommend is to change the grips while you are at it. The stock grips are very hard and slippery and make you grip harder than necessary.
I went with some progrips 717 and they are great!

Yamaha Parts, Yamaha Spares & Yamaha Accessories

The bar is part number 2D1261110100 it will necessitate some drilling or removing of a plastic tab as mentioned in the other thread.

Last edited:

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1" and have been having lower back pain and pain between the shoulder blades although no wrist pain. Just ordered these,according to posts on other forums, they move the bars up and back as far as is possible without changing the front brake line...

Handlebar Pullback Relocators

Strangely, I found I had wrist pains when riding an FZ1!

kierran87

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'2 also and love the FZ1 bar.

They have a little bit longer reach forward, but with your size it shouldn't be uncomfortable. If you don't want to have lower bars but want a nicer angle go for FZ6R.
What i would recommend is to change the grips while you are at it. The stock grips are very hard and slippery and make you grip harder than necessary.
I went with some progrips 717 and they are great!

Yamaha Parts, Yamaha Spares & Yamaha Accessories

The bar is part number 2D1261110100 it will necessitate some drilling or removing of a plastic tab as mentioned in the other thread.

So i suppose you could use this handle bar, and add risers to help with the reach forward if you don't like it...?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
So i suppose you could use this handle bar, and add risers to help with the reach forward if you don't like it...?

I suppose you could but it kind of defies the point of having a low bar in the first place!
If you are happy with the reach but just want less twist in the bars you are better of getting FZ6R bar, they have the same angle as the FZ1 bars but with the same rise as the FZ6.

Either way you can always add risers, i just don't like them, purely because of looks...

When you do the swap don't tighten the bar clamp in an X pattern, the manual says to torque the two front bolts to spec and then the two rear bolts. It is normal for the clamp to make contact only on the front.

kierran87

Reaction score
Visit site
I suppose you could but it kind of defies the point of having a low bar in the first place!
If you are happy with the reach but just want less twist in the bars you are better of getting FZ6R bar, they have the same angle as the FZ1 bars but with the same rise as the FZ6.

Either way you can always add risers, i just don't like them, purely because of looks...

When you do the swap don't tighten the bar clamp in an X pattern, the manual says to torque the two front bolts to spec and then the two rear bolts. It is normal for the clamp to make contact only on the front.

Haha true! As long as it stop the pain and pressure on my wrist i'll be happy. Do you know who sells FZ6R Bars?

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,
I'd suggest you going with stock bars. I suppose you just got the bike recently. Remember, this time a year is cold, and you don't ride as much like in the summer so your body isn't adapt to this riding style yet. I felt the same way when i started riding at the begging of riding season. So I put the riser on for a while, and i loved it. It worked perfect, no more sore on wrist or palm.
However, i think that the stock bars is just right from the factory, so i took it off during the summer and from then on I feel just fine. And I like the riding position too.
If you still want to put riser on, you can find it on eBay (1" up and 1/4" back, my case) and you don't have to worry about changing cables.

kierran87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,
I'd suggest you going with stock bars. I suppose you just got the bike recently. Remember, this time a year is cold, and you don't ride as much like in the summer so your body isn't adapt to this riding style yet. I felt the same way when i started riding at the begging of riding season. So I put the riser on for a while, and i loved it. It worked perfect, no more sore on wrist or palm.
However, i think that the stock bars is just right from the factory, so i took it off during the summer and from then on I feel just fine. And I like the riding position too.
If you still want to put riser on, you can find it on eBay (1" up and 1/4" back, my case) and you don't have to worry about changing cables.

I ride all year round, and have been riding for about 4-5 months now with this Bike. I think i may go the risers route 1st, and if it doesn't work i'll change the bars (or the bike, any excuse!) ;)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the 1" up, 1 3/8" back, stock bar's, love em. So much more comfortable.

Cables and such still fit, you may have to re-clock the brake line slightly but it'll still work..

Last edited: