Halloween costume help?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to figure out a good way to shred up a pair of jeans so they look like they were in a motorcycle accident but are still wearable.

Don't think just taking a knife to them is a good idea or it will look weird and just ruin a pair of pants without being able to use them for the costume.

One pair of pants, one attempt.

Ideas?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at a pair of Levis that I crashed in, to make a costume look realistic I would take a cheese grater or cheese grater type file to them. The abrasions on my jeans aren't slices like from a knife, but the material is very frayed.

Of course, you'll have to balance realism with wow factor. Are the people that will be seeing this know what a pair of jeans that had been in a m/c accident would look like? Maybe cutting or tearing them into tatters would get more attention, and the people looking won't know that it isn't true to a m/c crash aftermath..

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Borrow a belt sander from someone.
Buy a cheap cut of meat to push pants into said belt sander.
?????
Profit!

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to figure out a good way to shred up a pair of jeans so they look like they were in a motorcycle accident but are still wearable.

Don't think just taking a knife to them is a good idea or it will look weird and just ruin a pair of pants without being able to use them for the costume.

One pair of pants, one attempt.

Ideas?

A large brown stain on the rear and just say you walked away without a scratch

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This sounds like bad karma to me..............:(

Haha, it's only bad karma if you haven't crashed 27 times already.....

And was thinking belt sander last night. Might go that route.

@ motogiro....it's started snowing here....I try to avoid being outside if I can help it lol. Cooooooold.

@ chemiker.....but I would know. In my heart, I would know. Lol. But if I can't track down a belt sander between now and then I'll go the grater route.

I'll post pics when I'm done. I've already got a smashed up helmet and torn up jacket to use in the get-up. Cover myself in blood and lay down on the street I will look like I just wrecked. If the road conditions are okay I will ride to the party haha to add to the effect.

What's everyone else doing for halloween?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Frankly Lone, I can't find a reason for any need for a costume, What's wrong with this?

P1000731.jpg

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fill them with rocks and drag them behind you!?

I was thinking the same thing!!! maybe tie off the leg holes and stuff them with snow and rocks to get a more all over effect.... :BLAA: the ice and slush on the roads should be able to rip through the material....

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol vegas thats so random. Just a picture of me wearing normal jacket and pants that's not any sort of costume.

But as for dragging it might be worth it just to give the pants a rougher look to them. Otherwise they might look too cleanly torn up. That would actually give them more of a look like they've been through hell.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done this before. Put your hand inside the jeans and rub them across some pavement a bunch of times. You will be surprised how quickly they start to wear down. Might want to put some gloves on. Works well.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing!!! maybe tie off the leg holes and stuff them with snow and rocks to get a more all over effect.... :BLAA: the ice and slush on the roads should be able to rip through the material....

I agree, drag them up and down the road tied behind your car... Just stay local. :p

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Frankly Lone, I can't find a reason for any need for a costume, What's wrong with this?

P1000731.jpg

Hahahaha! :rof::rof::rof:
See....This is why I love this forum!

You and Lone both have this perfect timing comedy thing going on and you get me every time! LOL!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahahaha! :rof::rof::rof:
See....This is why I love this forum!

You and Lone both have this perfect timing comedy thing going on and you get me every time! LOL!

Lol.

Btw, I am down about 25lbs since that trip. By New Years I should be down another 15.

Feels good seeing a picture of me stretching out that leather haha.