Hack Streetfighter??

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
So I've been unable to ride for a few weeks since I laid my bike down. A local shop checked her over and mechanically she was sound. I took a half day at work today and plotted how I could make something legal out of the mangled fairing that I had--just so I could get a few more rides in before winter arrives and I decide what to do with the front end. The attached pics are what I came up with. A little super glue here, a little dremel there, some tie wraps too...and she was good to go! :BLAA:

I actually kind of dig the headlights without the other sections of the fairing...:rockon:

it might make sense because I'd like to do HID projectors in there too....

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks real good i think. If it were mine i would put bar end mirrors on it and call it done! Maybe try to find a way to move them in some too so they dont stand so far off the trees but Good job

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good work, but it still looks like it's broken to me...but if it gets you back on the road, and it aint illegal, and, or dangerous, then why not....i have done something very similar as a temporary fix....but as a permanent mod, i would look elsewhere...just MHO.

:thumbup:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
That's actually really freakin badass man :rockon: It's a little rough around the edges. IMO - throw some bar end mirrors on, some flush mounts, and bring the headlight (or whats left) closer to the forks if possible (maybe a new mount).

Great start thought, unique too.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good Fix to get ya rolling again!!!

As as said, some bar mount mirrors, secure for the blinkies better, and hide the wires, you could set a new trend in going Naked! :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I would do.. get rid of the stock mirrors and go with either bar end units or bar mounted traditional ones. Should take it to the next level of *cool* :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fighterchop.jpg

markersniffen

Reaction score
www.marksniffen.com
Thanks for the comments guys--It definitely is a temporary hack just so I can enjoy riding until season ends. I've been working overtime a TON lately (sitting in front of a computer), so I really needed to let my brain and hands do something that was real. An afternoon free, and this happened to be the illustrious result. :D

I've always liked the look of the 6's "eyes", and I do like the idea of being able to throw the windscreen back on. Today was the first time I rode without the screen and I definitely felt it. It wasn't bad, but I noticed it. If I somehow mounted the light assembly to the forks, would it be a bad idea to put the screen on? I guess you never actually turn the bars when you are at a speed where wind could be an issue...just thinking out loud here.

Definitely going to look at bar end mirrors or at least something mounted to the bars. Thanks for the photoshop preview, Erci! :rockon: The stock ones kind of remind me of an old school TV antenna. :BLAA: Oh and those turn signals are pretty atrocious, flush mounted ones would be awesome. Not sure how intense I will want to get over the winter, but I am tempted to make my own...somehow I was able to fabricate laser tag guns from scratch a few years ago, how hard can turn signals be? :rolleyes:

Going back to a stock fairing setup just seems to expensive for what it is worth, so it's either all of the above or else a Dominator setup. We shall see where the wind blows.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look! I've been riding with out the screen on and prefer it (even after I cut down my stock screen). I may follow suit if i get bored this winter. I like these bar end mirrors