greetings from Sweden

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

I'm a father of two girls who found my way back to motorbikes. First started driving motorbikes 10 years ago, but left the bikes for scooters like vespa and lambrettas. When coming back to bikes I looked at a few Suzukis, and Kawasakis but the design of the FZ6 struck me like lightning. Best looking 600cc bike!!!

But now I'm back and loving every second of it. Chances are slim that we will meet on the roads, but if we do you willl see the biggest smile known to man.

Daniel

Yankee

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the board !!!

Just wondering, how much is a new 2008 FZ6 cost in Sweden? I heard bikes are very expensive in your country?

Hello all.

I'm a father of two girls who found my way back to motorbikes. First started driving motorbikes 10 years ago, but left the bikes for scooters like vespa and lambrettas. When coming back to bikes I looked at a few Suzukis, and Kawasakis but the design of the FZ6 struck me like lightning. Best looking 600cc bike!!!

But now I'm back and loving every second of it. Chances are slim that we will meet on the roads, but if we do you willl see the biggest smile known to man.

Daniel

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

I've got a brand new black Fz6-s 06 98hp. Here in Sweden they now come in to ranges S2 and a 72hp version (I think). I managed to get a new 98hp for a great price so I figured more for the S2. I prefer spending the money on mods...

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
[swedish mode on]Välkommen till forumet, trevligt med fler svenskar här![swedish mode off]

By the way, a Yamaha FZ6-N S2 ABS costs about $13000 in Sweden right now, if you don't get a good deal that is...

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

Daniel
Welcome Mate,

Never say never, Europe is a small place compared to the USA and they manage to meet up.

Nelly

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I remember years ago I stayed in a youth hostel in Stockholm ("AF Chapman?"). I just joined "FazerItalia." It sure is interesting to join FZ6 forums based in other countries (gotta know/write the language though). It's amazing how popular the Yamaha "Fazer" (as it's called in Europe) is over in Europe. Do you have to have a special motorcycle driver's license in Sweden? We do in California but it's only a written test.

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! I remember years ago I stayed in a youth hostel in Stockholm ("AF Chapman?"). I just joined "FazerItalia." It sure is interesting to join FZ6 forums based in other countries (gotta know/write the language though). It's amazing how popular the Yamaha "Fazer" (as it's called in Europe) is over in Europe. Do you have to have a special motorcycle driver's license in Sweden? We do in California but it's only a written test.

Thanks! We sure do. The license is diveded in thre classes. up to 125cc, midlle class and full license.

When I took my test 12 years ago it was a bastard to pass. The test was divided in stages and if you failed one you failed the whole test.

First a thing called "garage turn". You had to drive a very slow speed with your handlebar fully turned to the right and then to the left.

Braking at different speeds followed by a obsticle coarse. You had to complete under 21 sec.

And finally driving in traffic... and before you could do this you had to pass a written test. Sweden in a nutshell. The politics have a so called zero vision i.e. zero persons killed in traffic and in that vision motorbikes don't fit in.