Great tool for holding up gas tank

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I made a great tool for holding up the tank it works perfect check it out. All it takes is a wire , two S hooks and some rubber hose to protect the tank.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work..:thumbup:

Fred fabbed me up 2 rods a couple of years ago...perfect fit and I only use one to prop the tank when needed....handy.

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

PICT0009-1.jpg

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I built one of these when I had my FJR

FJR1300 Front End Support Stand

I use it for lots of stuff. I've suspended the whole front end of my FJR with it before for a while while I swapped fork oil and repacked the steering head bearings. It's pretty strong and I'd hang my FZ6 from it with no problems. Used it as a tank prop a few times also. Usually I just use a short length of wood between the airbox and tank for doing simple stuff like battery work but obviously that won't work when replacing the airfilter lol.

I even built a rear stand for a SV650 with the same tubing but welded the joints on that one. I did lots of work on that SV when I had it using that rear stand.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I made a great tool for holding up the tank it works perfect check it out. All it takes is a wire , two S hooks and some rubber hose to protect the tank.

Thanks. Awesome photos. Cool idea and it's helpful to new owners to see how things work on the FZ6 too. :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work..:thumbup:

Fred fabbed me up 2 rods a couple of years ago...perfect fit and I only use one to prop the tank when needed....handy.

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

PICT0009-1.jpg

What do you have the lower end set into (to keep from slipping out/around)?

Can you post a picture of that end and also the total lenth?

I suppose if the lower end isn't inserted somewhere, a small plate, with a 1/4" hole welded to that end could be used with one of the original front gas tank hold down bolts... I use the old short 2x4 method but something more substantial and solid, especially when syncing, bars moving, etc would be much better and easier to get around...

Last edited: