Got rubber? round 2

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously, I thought this tire would last way longer? WTF man I hate changing tires, too much like work.

Anyone else run a Dunlop Roadsmart, what kind of miles did you get? This is about 4500
yjepupu9.jpg

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hooked on Michelin. This is my first Michelin (Pilot Power 2CT) and it's at 6,000 miles and still has about 1,000 left! The only tire that lasted close to this was the original BT020 which made it to 6,000 miles. The BT-016's were shot at 4,500 and the Pirelli Diablos barely made 4,000! For 20% more cost I would rather get 30-40% more miles with a Michelin.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hooked on Michelin. This is my first Michelin (Pilot Power 2CT) and it's at 6,000 miles and still has about 1,000 left! The only tire that lasted close to this was the original BT020 which made it to 6,000 miles. The BT-016's were shot at 4,500 and the Pirelli Diablos barely made 4,000! For 20% more cost I would rather get 30-40% more miles with a Michelin.

I was getting extremely good miles on shinko 009's like 8k+ but I'm hesitant to put them on this bike because of their tendency to slip out in the turns. On the 6 they would stick great but if not up to temp it would stick stick stick, screw you I'm gone and drift out. I got use to it on my 6 but I feel the 1 slip and slide a bit already when putting power on in turns and don't know how the combo of the 2 would play out.

I've heard all sorts of people rant and rave about those pilot powers, looks like I might be getting a set. the bike is still pristine so far I'd like to not lose it from me being cheap and hamfisted, were going down sooner or later but hopefully later lol

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was getting extremely good miles on shinko 009's like 8k+ but I'm hesitant to put them on this bike because of their tendency to slip out in the turns. On the 6 they would stick great but if not up to temp it would stick stick stick, screw you I'm gone and drift out. I got use to it on my 6 but I feel the 1 slip and slide a bit already when putting power on in turns and don't know how the combo of the 2 would play out.

I've heard all sorts of people rant and rave about those pilot powers, looks like I might be getting a set. the bike is still pristine so far I'd like to not lose it from me being cheap and hamfisted, were going down sooner or later but hopefully later lol

You can get the PP2CT's for $250/set shipped. It's not that bad a price for a good tire that sticks like glue in the corners and doesn't flat spot the rear as fast as most

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard good things about both the Pilot Power and the Pilot Road tires. I believe they are both dual compound tires, so you should get very good life out of them, and still stick well in the corners. I'm going to be getting Pilot Roads when I need to change tires (probably next riding season).