Got me some Leo's, OEM headers, and some new wheels!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, today I got myself a deal that could not be refused! A set of Leo Vince cans, with a set of OEM headers (bonus) for a price that was about half what a new pair of Leo's cost by themselves! Both the headers and the Leo's are in pretty much new condition...came off a bike that had only done 3000km's!

Then while I was there I spotted a pair of wheels...nice black ones with OEM red rim stripes in the corner, complete with all brake discs attached, and a set of crappy OEM Dunlop tyres on them!

Picked them up as well! For a price that was less than a new set of decent tyres! Not a scratch on the wheels!

I put the leo's on the orange bike tonight before coming to work...took about 2 hours including a decent polish before installing them. Wanted to see how loud they actually are...and whether they would be quiet enough to
tour with...
Rode the bike to work tonight, and I must say that even with the baffles out (they did not come with any) the noise levels are very civilized!

So I might just leave them on the bike for touring. Will help cut weight down a bit, especially considering all the gear I will have hanging of the bike a lot of the time!

As for the wheels...I can now have one set of wheels with my nice sticky track tyres on them for the black bike, and another nice set of wheels with decent everyday rubber
on them!

As for the spare headers I got as part of the deal...dunno what I am going to do with them just yet!

No pics...everyone know what leo's look like on an Fizzer!

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pick-up Jamie.

If you want to, you can borrow my dB killers for your tour of Tassie, the drone may get a bit much on such a long trip. Although, with you being used to the 2Bros, it's probably not a drone at all... :rof:

:rockon:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pickup Jamie :)

Sounds like your touring bike is coming together quite nicely :)

Just wondering what made you change your mind and keep the FZ6 ? Glad you did :)

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hey Jamie we'll send Lone over to help you pack for the trip :D
P1000672.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
God, I hope we don't need to take that much stuff :eek:

Good job we're not camping :D

I do have to fit in the hair dryer and straighteners - I should be ok :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are they the Leo's I posted the link to from ebay mate ?

Yes, they were the same ones...spied them myself, but saw your post straight after finding them...

Nice pickup Jamie :)

Sounds like your touring bike is coming together quite nicely :)

Just wondering what made you change your mind and keep the FZ6 ? Glad you did :)

Cause i realised just how good a bike it is, and that i know the thjings inside out, so if anything goes wrong, i can normally fix it myself, or save myself a lot of money...and i got over the thinking that a 600cc bike cant make a good tourer...a 600cc bike, and the FZ6 does!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pick-up Jamie.

If you want to, you can borrow my dB killers for your tour of Tassie, the drone may get a bit much on such a long trip. Although, with you being used to the 2Bros, it's probably not a drone at all... :rof:

That would be awesome Dave....was going to actuallly ask to have a look at yours...was thinking of getting Terry from Redline to fab some custom ones up using the factory design as a starting point.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be awesome Dave....was going to actuallly ask to have a look at yours...was thinking of getting Terry from Redline to fab some custom ones up using the factory design as a starting point.

Good thinking Brains.
Have to hook up when you're home and I'm not at work, rip them out and show 'em to Terry.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thinking Brains.
Have to hook up when you're home and I'm not at work, rip them out and show 'em to Terry.

thursday is always good for me.....would not take me long....probably grab em for about 2 hours...just long enough to drive to redline and back with them...not far from your joint!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. I'll be home from work about 2:45pm, you want me to come to your house, or you come here??

I reckon i should come to yours...gotta pick up the eating machine from school at 3.15, so i will get him on the way...should give me time to get Redline, and back before the close of business.

Let me know if that's ok?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, that's fine with me. I'll rip them out when I get home and clean them up a bit... (they're a bit black...lol).

Bloody great! Cheers....dont get too silly cleaning them, they are baffles, they are supposed to be black! :thumbup:

Seeya Thursday.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Says the guy who takes the wheels off to clean them :D

there is a problem with that???....it's easier, and quicker, and you get to re-tension your chain every time! :D

I actually pull pretty much the whole bike apart to detail it normally....only way to get ALL the dirt & road grime off....normally takes about 7-10 days to do a proper detail!

Hence the reason the black bike looks almost new after 45000km's!

:D:D:D