Got Fire in a gas station!!!

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
This was an ordinary day for me until i stoped at a gas station to reload my gun (erm fizzer). As soon as the station's guy put the hose in my tank, it started leaking, and leaking a lot!! in seconds the gasoline reached the exaust necks it ignited and my fazer got fire! the hose, the leg and the tshirt of the station guy also got fire! i dont know why i reacted so fast but i grabbed a pail with water that was near the gas pump and emptyed on my fazer then i grabbed the other one and gave the "oh **** im on fire" station guy a bath. Water got in my tank and we drained it, fill it up and drained it again. the station's boss offered to fill up my tank for free.

THATS WHY YOU MUST ALWAYS GET OFF YOUR BIKE WHEN REFUELING

fz6Soldier

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa! Glad you made it out ok. I thought everywhere was self serve now? That could have been a lot worse.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was an ordinary day for me until i stoped at a gas station to reload my gun (erm fizzer). As soon as the station's guy put the hose in my tank, it started leaking, and leaking a lot!! in seconds the gasoline reached the exaust necks it ignited and my fazer got fire! the hose, the leg and the tshirt of the station guy also got fire! i dont know why i reacted so fast but i grabbed a pail with water that was near the gas pump and emptyed on my fazer then i grabbed the other one and gave the "oh **** im on fire" station guy a bath. Water got in my tank and we drained it, fill it up and drained it again. the station's boss offered to fill up my tank for free.

THATS WHY YOU MUST ALWAYS GET OFF YOUR BIKE WHEN REFUELING

Yikes! Quick thinking saved the day, your bike, and the Service Station attendant!

Nasty!

Thanks for the reminder, it is easy to become complacent...even when the danger is ever-present.

:thumbup:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad everything came out ok!! I just think it's awesome that you put your bike out and THEN put the dumbA$$ attendant out. That is great!!! I have to say it is probably what I would do too (as long as he wasn't a full out human torch) :D

tomari

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa! Glad you made it out ok. I thought everywhere was self serve now? That could have been a lot worse.

in Greece its everywhere non-self service, only a few of them are self service and only when the gas station is closed. The fun thing was that i first put the fire out of my bike and then then guy. That guy was almost a kid i'd say 19-20 yrs old, it looked like he had no experience and freaked out a lot. he almost stood still with the hose on his hands.

i remember when i first rode a bike i went to the gas staton to fill it up. i got off the bike and waited and the dude there told me that im the only one that got off my bike today, everyone else stayed on. we had a little conversation on that and he explained to me how dangerus it is.

tomari

Reaction score
Visit site
im trying to realise why i gave priority to my bike and cant explain it maybe i saw the bike on fire first and then while dousing i saw the guy on fire too? i cant explain it. i have never thought it will happen and i cant explain why i was so fast thinking, my heart still goes crazy when i recall the picture in my head. it went like thinking-acting just words:

FIRE?
the pail, QUICK
*bloom*
the kid
next pail, *bloom*

tomari

Reaction score
Visit site
Water worked dousing a fuel fire????

And you saved the bike first before the attendant???? lol

Glad you're ok.

i think it worked because the gas inside my tank didt ignite only the side of the bike and the upper right of the tank. the bike was leaning to the left while on sidestand

damn i feel lucky today!