Got and Put my Scorpions on Friday

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got them Friday after work and told myself that I would not install them util today, but I could not wait. So, I waited until I put the kids to bed and went to the garage. So, I started about 9:30pm and finished up right at 11:00pm. Here they are. Whatcha think?

I orgionally attached the pics to the instruction thread that I started, but I thought I would start one in the mods sections and show them off. I love them.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got them Friday after work and told myself that I would not install them util today, but I could not wait. So, I waited until I put the kids to bed and went to the garage. So, I started about 9:30pm and finished up right at 11:00pm. Here they are. Whatcha think?

I orgionally attached the pics to the instruction thread that I started, but I thought I would start one in the mods sections and show them off. I love them.:thumbup:
Very nice, did you have any problems with aligning them prior to finally torquing them up?

Nelly

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice....so did you wake up your kids then, I mean once you installed them, you had to start her up right?

Just wondering, is that Scorpion logo on the side of the pipes a sticker or plate?

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet, i have the S/S Scorps they take some beating in my opinion for cost vs looks, price and sound

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, did you have any problems with aligning them prior to finally torquing them up?

Nelly

Yes, I am still not sure if they are right. I am going to ride with them a little while, and probably try again. It is like, the "y" pipe is not bent 100% correct or something. The left pipe seems higher than the right, and twisted a little more.:(

Very nice....so did you wake up your kids then, I mean once you installed them, you had to start her up right?

You are absolutly correct:thumbup:. Lucky for me the kids were on the other side of the house and I shut every door between us. But the wife said that she herd them back in the bedroom plain as day. ooops!!!!:eek:

Just wondering, is that Scorpion logo on the side of the pipes a sticker or plate?

It is a plate, and I cannot see how it is attached, but it seems to be on there pretty good.

Sweet, i have the S/S Scorps they take some beating in my opinion for cost vs looks, price and sound

What do you mean? They are some of the cheapest out there aren't they? I also think they look really good, but to each his own. If I was made of money, I would have gotten the Carbon Fiber ones, but either way I would still have gotten the Scorps.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice indeed! I agonized over which to get for my FZ6, the stainless or carbon fiber. Both look great.
Alignment of the 2 exhaust cans is a bit hit and miss. Slacken off the clamps at the front and rear of the Y pipe, get someone else to align the pipes while you retighten the clamps. It doesn't take much of a "twist" to the Y pipe to throw out the alignment at the tailpipes.
I had to remove the plastic Scorpion plates on the sides of my Carbon Fiber mufflers when they started to lift at the top and bottom after a few heat cycles.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice indeed! I agonized over which to get for my FZ6, the stainless or carbon fiber. Both look great.
Alignment of the 2 exhaust cans is a bit hit and miss. Slacken off the clamps at the front and rear of the Y pipe, get someone else to align the pipes while you retighten the clamps. It doesn't take much of a \"twist\" to the Y pipe to throw out the alignment at the tailpipes.
I had to remove the plastic Scorpion plates on the sides of my Carbon Fiber mufflers when they started to lift at the top and bottom after a few heat cycles.

I think I will have to get someone over to help allign them. I did the best that I could, but when you are tightening everything up, you can not tell if they are off until you get a chance to stand back and take a look.

Are the labels glued on? If so, what did you do to take them off and how hard was it to get the glue or whatever off clean?

I really liked the Carbon Fiber one's, but I got a deal on these, so no worries. My pockets picked the stainless, and I have no complaints. To me, They look great.

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mississippi those look great. Out of curiosity, are they as loud at the two brothers pipes? I threw a TB on my old ninja 250 and I just really couldn't handle how loud it was, even for me personally while riding. Are the scorpions any mellower?

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mississippi those look great. Out of curiosity, are they as loud at the two brothers pipes? I threw a TB on my old ninja 250 and I just really couldn't handle how loud it was, even for me personally while riding. Are the scorpions any mellower?

I have not heard the TB on an FZ6, but I did hear one on an 08 ninja 250r. The Scorpions are a lot more mellow than the 250r with a TB on it. I went for a little ride on Sunday, and the pipes are not bad at all. They are the loudest between 5500 and 8000 rpm or so. So, if you want them loud you can run in that range, but if you want them a little quieter, shift to get the rpm's where you want to avoid the excessive sound. I also like how they sound at a red light. They are louder than stock obviously, but they sound good, not just noise.

F

FZSex

the red logo really pops with that red bike :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: