Goodbye My FZ6!

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad to report but I said goodbye to my 2009 FZ6 tonight, :( she is in good hands though and will get plenty of miles with the new owner, who rode away with a big smile on his face.
I'm now looking forward to riding the new "Aprilia Shiver 750" that I'm buying, a different animal altogether and cannot be as reliable as the FZ6 has been. But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained.
I would like to thank all the members of this Forum for the interesting and informative posts found here. I have learned a lot reading on here and will definitely be periodically returning.
Therefore sayonara but not goodbye. :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw Shiver at the show.. beautiful bike! Nice choice.. enjoy it!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Imo the shiver is their best looking bike i would love to find a way to put its exhaust on the fz, best looking stock exhaust ever made!!!! Good choice and happy trails

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

D

Dave.TX

Just so the rest of us know what kind of bike it is...

2009-Aprilia-Shiver-5.jpg

Aprilia_Shiver_-IMG_1458.jpg

I saw an image titled "Aprilia Naked Passion" and the pic was really nice but couldn't post on the forum because of the naked part... and it wasn't the bike but the 3 ladies with the bike.

Looks like you'll have a nice machine there. Enjoy!

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys (and gals) I changed my mind and am now not getting the "Shiver 750", I am moving over to the dark side and tomorrow (Sat) I pick up a new 2009 model Aprilia Tuono 1000 R, :D whooee! I guess there is no fool like an old fool after all.
I've test rode both bikes and believe there is not much difference in wet weight between the two, can't find any information regarding that, except dry weight which is almost meaningless these days. Anyone got a clue to the wet weight of the "Aprilia Tuono 1000 R". :confused:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Now your making sense. Get a nice pipe and that will be one sweet sounding machine. Pics please when you get it home.

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually the Tuono "dry weight" that is stated online by Aprilia is quote "without battery". What use is that? go weigh bloody battery's?:confused: