Goodbye bt-023, hello pilot road 4

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About a year and a half ago I got a set of bridgestone bt023 tires. They were a huge improvement over the stock Dunlop's which only gave me about 9000 miles. 15000 miles later, it was finally time for a change. The rear wore out much quicker than the front. Overall I am satisfied with these tires.

The bt023 was used for commuting, long days of highway riding, rain, cold, and some aggressive twisty riding. It never got away from me and I always felt confident in the tires. Add mentioned, I got ~15000 miles out of them. I am not a supper aggressive rider, but like to have fun.

Now I have the new pr4's from Michelin. Initial impressions: they don't turn in as quickly as the bt023's did when initiating a turn, but they do seem to hold a line better. They are a very smooth ride. I am excited to see how they are in the rain with their fancy siping! I'm hoping they will provide me more miles than the bt023 as Michelin claims 20% loner tread life than the pilot road 3 (which is comparable to the bt023)

I'll report back at the end of these tires life!

Wow, 15,000 miles is pretty good.

DELETED: Hmmm, so will you be reporting back in a few months or in a few years? ;))

Last edited:
Hopefully I will report back in a few years!

Lefty has thread in here about the 023. We're running those out back and S20's up front. I shoulda measured the tread depth new, but dang, 15,000! Wow!

Keep us posted! Tks

I'm planning to get Michelin Road's next just haven't decided if I want 4's or 2's. I only put about 4,000 miles/year on the FZ6 because I have a cruiser for trips and the Road 4's might dry rot before I wear them out! :thumbup:

update: rode 1070 miles on the new pr4's these past 3 days and they are great. ~680 miles of super slab, the rest was semi aggressive riding in the Ozarks. What I said previously about them holding a line remains true. They are smooth riding and provide good road feedback. Was always confident even in the rain. Showing no signs of wear ( better not be yet)

A guy at a gas station I talked to on a super tenere had pr3's with 10,000 miles on them and still had a LOT of tread. If Michelins claims of 20% longer life is true, I'll hopefully see 20,000 out of mine.

I'm planning to get Michelin Road's next just haven't decided if I want 4's or 2's. I only put about 4,000 miles/year on the FZ6 because I have a cruiser for trips and the Road 4's might dry rot before I wear them out! :thumbup:
Haha ya the 4's might last TOO long!

Back