Good deal for a 2008 with 1,900 odd miles on it?

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have had my eyes on the FZ6 for a very long time now; I would have bought one long ago but my gf at the time kept insisting that I buy a cruiser for more two up riding comfort......being the doofus that I was, I gave in and let my aspiration of owning the FZ6 slip away.

Fast forward a couple of years, I am now enjoying the freedom of being single again!!!

The first thing I did was I sold my cruiser, and now I am in the market for an FZ6 (the bike I should have purchased in the first place!!!).

The deal that I came across is for a 2008 FZ6 with 1,900 odd miles on it which would cost me about a grand total of under $5,300 (taxes, tags title all included). The bike is bone stock and is currently sitting at the dealers!

What do you guys think? should I jump on this opportunity?

Thank you for all your input!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Yes, that is a great deal, and the bike should still be under warranty, and since it's from a dealer, the bike should have been thoroughly checked. You can also buy an extended warranty as well. Below is a link on what we all paid for our bikes. The later posts are probably the most recent purchases. Better get on it before it dissapears.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main...3-how-much-did-you-spend-your-fz6-7200-a.html

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback guys!

That link was especially helpful in giving me a ball park estimate of price expectations!

I did look around on Craigslist, but even the negotiated prices on 06 and 07 models were falling in the 5,000 - 5,500 price range.

I did try and talk the dealers down on the price a little more but they didn't budge, understandably so being a 2008 model and all.

I will be making a small down payment today and will be picking the bike up this weekend (the dealer is about 4 hours from my place).

Can hardly wait!!!!!

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback guys!

That link was especially helpful in giving me a ball park estimate of price expectations!

I did look around on Craigslist, but even the negotiated prices on 06 and 07 models were falling in the 5,000 - 5,500 price range.

I did try and talk the dealers down on the price a little more but they didn't budge, understandably so being a 2008 model and all.

I will be making a small down payment today and will be picking the bike up this weekend (the dealer is about 4 hours from my place).

Can hardly wait!!!!!

Congrats! That sounds like a very good deal to me.
Have fun.:Flash:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what dealer is it? i am in maryland too and got mine at pete's cycle in arnold. the reason i ask is that if it is pete's, and you don't know this already, their service sucks and they are going to try and lump in a pre-paid maintenance package. you DO NOT WANT THIS. they are great for just getting the bike, but leave it at that. ride out of there and don't go back. the FZ6 is my first bike and i went from knowing nothing to being able to do about all the standard maintence myself in a few months. this forum is going to be able to let you know how to do friggin everything. :Flash:

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the awesome feedback and most of all the warm welcome :), I am picking the bike up this coming Saturday!!!!

The dealer is actually close to Pittsburg PA, like a 3.5 – 4 hour trip one way. I think this deal is definitely worth the short road trip!
I usually tend to shy away from dealers when buying second hand cause they jack up the costs, but I guess I got lucky this time!

I will definitely post pictures when I get it! I have some mod plans in mind and would love to start out by adding a belly pan!

I too have heard some really bad horror stories about Pete’s cycles; I am closer to DC & NOVA than to Baltimore and have mostly dealt with shops local to this area (like Coleman in NOVA).

I did try and talk them down but they didn’t budge, but I am getting good discounted rates on riding gear (new bike certainly demands I get new matching gear, right?!?!?!? :rockon:).

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Here she is, my 2008 Cobalt Blue FZ6!!!

Rode her back home ~230 miles on Saturday and then another short 180 mile outing yesterday....one question....how do you guys manage to keep it below triple digits :p

My insurance rates rose quite a bit in comparison to what I used to pay for my Vulcan 1500, but it is worth every penny!!!

Imperitas

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice looking bike. I can't believe you picked it up for that amount! Seems like these bikes are selling for a good bit more in my area of the country. Well, congrats on the purchase..

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you!!!

The FZ6s are hard to find around the beltway, seems like the dealers here only order them in limited stock and usually they are all gone within a matter of days (heck a couple of them have a waitlist for the fizzers!!).

They seem to have the upper hand as far as the pricing goes in my neck of the woods, I had to search far and wide for a deal that seemed fair (from my perspective at least :p).

There were some well priced 06-07 FZ6s for sale by owners but the '08 at the dealers for virtually the same price (if not less) was hard to pass up!

S

sportrider

Good Buy!!! I know the popularity of the FZ6 has increased, I used to see them for sell everywhere now I don't see them at the dealers anywhere. except for my old one:D

BTW: Welcome Aboard!!!:D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the wise choice for a FIZZER, it is a great bike. Break here in nice and slow, then bring the RPM up little buy little. You will love it, and welcome to our 2nd home on the forum. I just got the license plate and i am going to put it on tomorrow and take some new pic's.