Going to France for a week on the Fz6, got any tips?

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of mates & me are off to France on the 29th for a week's riding about. We're landing in St. Malo then heading across to Carnac to see the stones, after that we're going to wing it & see where we end up. I'll be riding with my mate on his Guzzi California & his wife on her ER5, so we won't be tearing up the countryside, but any hints & tips on riding over there would be appreciated.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Watch for cops and radars... they are EVERYWHERE nowadays...

If you have time to do a loop in the North East, the Black Forest (starts at the German border basically) has amazing roads that you can get lost into for days at a time... the scenery is unbelievable too...

Good luck and let us know!

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
take a hi-viz vest, it's compulsory there now.
Spare bulbs is always wise.
Stay strictly within speed limits within 30ish miles of the port, the Gendarmes are lying in wait for carefree Brits coming off ferries and the shuttle.
Most importantly enjoy it

roybach

Reaction score
Visit site
Take ORIGINAL registration and insurance documentation for you're bike with you as well as the forementioned Hi Vis vest/jacket and spare bulbs, otherwise some kind hearted Frenchman in uniform will see fit to look after you're Euros, and as for speeding -take care as you could lose the bike itself to the French state should you not have the funds available to pay the (enormorous) fine, but I'm sure that you shall enjoy the trip, cheap digs at Formula 1 , google it.

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we made it there & back with no major drama apart from some rather 'damp' weather on the way there & Italian electrics playing tricks on us on the way home. Here's some pics....