Going naked, need advice

broon

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so I dropped the bike and wrecked the entire fairing. Obviously going naked seems like a no-brainer now. I was thinking about it anyway, and replacing the fairing is going to be massively expensive. Since I need to not only replace the headlight but the mirrors and signals as well I am looking for a cost-effective solution.

I would like to find something that works around/incorporates the gauge panel. The dealership was pretty much clueless, so i figured you guys would probably have some great ideas.

Any ideas welcome, just want my bike back.

Good questions, I also am thinking of going naked, over winter though (barring a drop haha). Looking forward to answers.

It doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming. I think I had about $130 in my setup here. Headlight came from Fly-N-Cycle, led blinkers from CycleGear, and a piece of metal strap? from Home Depot, to mount the gauge cluster. :thumbup: Oh yeah and the bar end mirror add another $30.

It doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming. I think I had about $130 in my setup here. Headlight came from Fly-N-Cycle, led blinkers from CycleGear, and a piece of metal strap? from Home Depot, to mount the gauge cluster. :thumbup: Oh yeah and the bar end mirror add another $30.

Hey that looks great, good job.
I am leaning towards the FZ1N mod, it looks amazing, but a touch pricey

Nice.

How long did it take to put everything together?

The headlight install is pretty straightforward, the cluster install took a few tries to get something I liked. The metal piece from Home Depot is kinda like plumbers tape but rigid and much thicker. I bent it in a U shape and attached the cluster to it. Then I set it in place and attached the assembly to the headlight brackets. Mine had the round cluster but I believe the same thing could be done on the 07+ cluster. I can't find a pic of bracket but I found a couple more that may give you an idea.

I have to say that setup there looks, nice, I thought about doing this about a year ago before I worked on my bike, but I have to say the setup for 130 bucks isnt bad at all.

IMG_0673-1.jpg

The headlight install is pretty straightforward, the cluster install took a few tries to get something I liked. The metal piece from Home Depot is kinda like plumbers tape but rigid and much thicker. I bent it in a U shape and attached the cluster to it. Then I set it in place and attached the assembly to the headlight brackets. Mine had the round cluster but I believe the same thing could be done on the 07+ cluster. I can't find a pic of bracket but I found a couple more that may give you an idea.

Wow thats a clear picture of the speedo. Riding at 130+ mph. Looks great!

Back