Givi Top Case Rack - Mounting Issues

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT - see post #8

The Givi rack using a 6-point mounting system. The top two mounting points (left and right) mount directly to the subframe using some sort of expansion bolt system (similar to what you would use to mount handguards on a dirt bike or dualsport bike).

Does anyone have an pictures of the hardware that came with their rack or that has otherwise been used for these top two mounting points? I'm shopping for some hardware and was hoping to get some examples.

Thanks

5506-150x150.jpg

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, are you talking about the two "frame plug" type attachments? They slide into the end of the subframe and expand when you insert the bolts?

It's been a LONG time since I mounted mine, and I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the install, but I swear I've seen some pictures around here recently of them (someone else was talking about installing this same rack).

Did yours not come with those or something?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, are you talking about the two "frame plug" type attachments? They slide into the end of the subframe and expand when you insert the bolts?

It's been a LONG time since I mounted mine, and I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the install, but I swear I've seen some pictures around here recently of them (someone else was talking about installing this same rack).

Did yours not come with those or something?

Yup that is exactly what I'm talking about. :thumbup:

I bought the rack from Klauseau (red-headed Canadian lady on SBR) back in 2005 and it came with most of the hardware missing (learned a lesson on that one). I was pretty n00bish at the time and never realized that there were supposed to be frame plug attachments so I've run it for a long time without.

A couple years ago and added some bailing wire in there to tighten things up and it has held ok. I recently discovered that another mounting point has failed so I'm doing a full overhaul/rehab of the rack (including JB welding a section of it that cracked) and attempting to remount it properly.

So yeah.....I'm on the hunt.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i lost one of my bolts in the frame, and givi were able to send me a spare one for free

depends what they have lying around though

if you go to their website you can download a pdf of the installation instructions replete with all the parts you need

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having a really hard time sourcing items 4 and 5 on THIS chart.

Givi wants $40 plus shipping for the entire mounting kit but I only need four and five. Thoughts on where to source these?

I've tried Givi, cyclegear, various local moto shops, and google.

I'm thinking of JB weld next! ha!

EDIT - like this but bigger

yhst-2483094475615_2148_1172779

Last edited:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Having similar issues. Have the support brackets and number 5. Need items 3, 4, and 6 on list. Anyone know the conclusion to this thread? :confused:

Where I can get items?

thank you!