Givi/motech install

arcata2

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing the Givi V46 trunk and V35 saddlebags. Wow. What a project. I used the SW Motech mounts at the recommendation of the guys at twisted throttle. They look nice and really hug the bike but...The instructions are one picture (that is tough to understand)! I went to their website but since I don't speak German it wasn't very helpful. I would rate the Motech as the most difficult install I have ever done and I have done frame off restorations. This was tough. I don't know what the Givi kit is like but it HAS TO be easier. Anyway...Nice finished product but just go slowly with every step if you go with the Motech. Oh I also put in the Admore lighting on the Givi trunk. Nice kit. If anyone is going to attempt the install or has any questions send me a note. Sorry no photos. Kids had the camera!:spank:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, arcata2. Definitely post up some pictures of the setup (minus the cases too) when you get a chance. I've got the Givi monokey topcase rack and, just out of curiosity, I'd like to see what the SW Motech stuff looks like compared to it. :thumbup:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Givi being no picnic.

I do believe it would have been much easier if I had still been using stock pipes at the time. TB's eliminated one of the mounting points. That def was interesting. I LOVE my bags tho :)

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
I found the motec saddle bag mounts to be a pain also. I think after doing my set though I could do it again in about 30 minutes. The key is to not tighten any of the brackets until you install the bag frames.