GF keyed my bike

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Just venting a little. me and my girlfriend got into a fight last night and she took it out on the fz6...has a new 7 inch scratch right on the tank....at least i get to paint it now...possibly the whole bike. I was thinking white

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. I'm not sure how old you are, but listen to the voice of reason/experience. She needs to go away, immediately. I am not even close to kidding.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ironic that your handle has "crazy" in it. Good luck with the repaint.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so she's a little spiteful hey? :eek: :spank:

Wow. Dude, this is serious. You need to stop this “bad habit” or it could become a more permanent mistake (think NOT wanting to marry here). Trust me, that is where you are heading.

Everyone goes through rough patches, sure, but there should be respect for one another. If you don’t have respect then you’ve got a big problem on your hands.

Let me guess.. it went something like this. Your GF says “stop obsessing over that stupid bike!!” You say: (Lie) “I am not obsessing over it and btw it is NOT stupid” she says: “Yes you are!! You care more about that bike than you do about me (Pout).” It escalates and you probably dig yourself deeper by saying she is wrong. Somewhere along the way she gets so infuriated that she feels justified in destroying your prized possession, just for the sport of it!!

Ask yourself would you want her to treat you this way again? (She will). Would you want her to treat your future children this way? (Yes, she would) That would sting pretty bad, methinks.

Consider yourself lucky to have a preview of this behavior now with time to react and rectify. I would say unless your GF is willing to get anger management counseling.. She is a goner.

So there you have more advice from me than you probably want but hey you put it out there, dude.

I feel for ya bro. Good luck.

Ps. White would be my first choice color for a repaint

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so she's a little spiteful hey? :eek: :spank:

Wow. Dude, this is serious. You need to stop this “bad habit” or it could become a more permanent mistake (think NOT wanting to marry here). Trust me, that is where you are heading.

Everyone goes through rough patches, sure, but there should be respect for one another. If you don’t have respect then you’ve got a big problem on your hands.

Let me guess.. it went something like this. Your GF says “stop obsessing over that stupid bike!!” You say: (Lie) “I am not obsessing over it and btw it is NOT stupid” she says: “Yes you are!! You care more about that bike than you do about me (Pout).” It escalates and you probably dig yourself deeper by saying she is wrong. Somewhere along the way she gets so infuriated that she feels justified in destroying your prized possession, just for the sport of it!!

Ask yourself would you want her to treat you this way again? (She will). Would you want her to treat your future children this way? (Yes, she would) That would sting pretty bad, methinks.

Consider yourself lucky to have a preview of this behavior now with time to react and rectify. I would say unless your GF is willing to get anger management counseling.. She is a goner.

So there you have more advice from me than you probably want but hey you put it out there, dude.

I feel for ya bro. Good luck.

Ps. White would be my first choice color for a repaint

Thanks for the s=advice. But actually the fight wasnt even over the bike....she does hate it but the fight was that i still talk to one of my exes....that i went out with for 3 weeks but knew since 2nd grade...she wanted me to not ever see or talk to her again because i went out with her...she is crazy...i told her to leave my house immediately

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the break up, but I say good riddance.
Even sorrier to hear about your prized possessions. I think white would look awesome.
Also, how about those of us around the world put together a new collection of shot glasses for Crazy Dave?? :cheer: I would be happy to send you one from St Louis.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't learned a lot during my 33 years on this rock, but there are a few things that are rock solid. One of them is... If someone tells you to choose between them and another person, you're usually better off choosing the other person. Chances are, your current significant other won't stop at just one of your friends. They do this because they have trust/control issues. Your friends aren't the problem.

It looks like you are sharp enough to see this and are taking appropriate action. Good luck with this and stand your ground. Keying your bike is no different than kicking your dog or slapping your child. It is a blatant display of disrespect and shows a great lack of self-control.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Glad your not together anymore.

Someone who doesn't respect your property, doesn't respect you.

If I saw that my girlfriend did that on purpose, I would stay very calm, cut her precious louis Viton purse in 20 pieces and roundhouse kick her out of the house.
I hope you get your bike fixed up quickely.

By the way this forum should have a roundhouse-kick-to-the-face smilie.

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
Just be glad the only thing she had handy to do damage with was her keys... a knife or gun could have been ugly. :eek:

Someone that possessive and can lash out like that... let me beat the dead horse and agree that you're better off moving on. That's not for the sake of your bike either, but for your own long term safety.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Just be glad the only thing she had handy to do damage with was her keys... a knife or gun could have been ugly. :eek:

Someone that possessive and can lash out like that... let me beat the dead horse and agree that you're better off moving on. That's not for the sake of your bike either, but for your own long term safety.

If it were my old lady, I'd rather she had a gun. Then, when I shot her, I'd be justified. :lol: