Getting Her Spotless?

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
So Just wanted to hear the forums thoughts on cleaning the FZ6. I have quite the build up of grit on my swing arms, someone suggested kerosine, true? Also what products do most people use to clean the bike.

Thanks

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
This four part series will give you tons of info.
After watching these videos I use WD-40 for all my greasy cleaning - wheel, chain, swingarm.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HREqf4wIukA&feature=related"].[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using WD-40 for years just like he does in the video & it really will be your best friend :D

On a side note , am I the only sad person who sat through all 4 videos just to see how the old 'Blade' turned out :BLAA: which came up a bloody treat I gotta tell ya ;)

Last edited:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa.

I'm a clean freak - so I don't like things getting that dirty in the first place - but I love making things get clean, so I would have loved cleaning that thing up.

I need to do that level of detail work to my bike. It is nowhere near that dirty, but it doesn't seem like the previous owner cleaned it that much, so I want to get it up to my standards.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa.

I'm a clean freak - so I don't like things getting that dirty in the first place - but I love making things get clean, so I would have loved cleaning that thing up.

I need to do that level of detail work to my bike. It is nowhere near that dirty, but it doesn't seem like the previous owner cleaned it that much, so I want to get it up to my standards.

lol, i couldnt read the speedo when i bought my bike from all the grim. Only thing that was clean was the chain and oil. I cant stop watching those videos...off to autostore to buy the necessary stuff now! :D

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope! Watched all 5 myself as well! Feeling the need for some auto glym!!!
LOL

I've been using WD-40 for years just like he does in the video & it really will be your best friend :D

On a side note , am I the only sad person who sat through all 4 videos just to see how the old 'Blade' turned out :BLAA: which came up a bloody treat I gotta tell ya ;)

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
I just cleaned my chain bc it was caked in grease. I used WD40 but was told not to spray the chain. also I was afraid to use a hose on the chain so I wasn't able to get it as clean as I wanted to. Do you guys think its ok to use a hose as long as the water is not under pressure?

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
I've found that Simple Green works amazingly well for cleaning grime from the swingarm, chain, and rear wheel. Soak it down and the grime and old chain lube wipes right off.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I don't have pics but WD40!!!!!! My back sprocket was black, a helpful amount of WD40 and even the bolts look new. Its amazing. I even was able to find the shampoo at my local Canadian Tire, that he used in the you tub vids. The bike looks new. Thanks for all the help. :thumbup: