Gettin' close!

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Been working heavily to finish my naked conversion. Still have to get the cluster properly mounted, and I don't have any mirror on it yet, but I did run it around my block last night. Feels COMPLETELY different than when it had a full nose on it. Lots of parts will be up for sale soon.

57655080394__D15A10CE-4384-4301-BF76-9CC36CA86AB9.JPG

Looks good..

How's it feel different? Just not seeing the old fairing not moving/ not there?

Also, I think you had an issue on another thread. What was that and was it resolved?

Looks good..

How's it feel different? Just not seeing the old fairing not moving/ not there?

Also, I think you had an issue on another thread. What was that and was it resolved?

Yeah, everything just feels more open. It's a different experience without having the nose blocking your view, and there's a lot more airflow, so no more overheating while wearing full gear. I was looking for a factory wiring harness in another thread (if that's what you're referring to), just so I didn't have to chop up the harness. I ended up pulling the battery and battery box, and bundled up all the excessive harness in the frame right tin front of the battery. This worked really well. I only have low beam/driving light right now, I'll wire in the high beam once I convert the H4 to LED. I also replaced all the turn signals with factory LED ones. The only normal bulbs I have left are the headlight and plate bulb. The "kit" I bought is missing a few grommets, so I'm hunting those down right now. They are what lock the cluster in place, so it wobbles around a bit right now. I also need to drill/tap the front brake reservoir for my right side mirror. That's a "this weekend" project.

I think the right side mirror is reverse thread, the left side regular.

I know one them is backwards so might want to check on that before drilling, tapping threads.

Or use FZ 8 bar mounts!

Back