GenMar Handlebar Risers

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody installed the GenMar handlebar risers (pictured below) that give you a 1" rise and 1-3/8" pull back?

X102.jpg

A lot of people have the SW-Motech risers:

9366-350x350.jpg

To my eye, they look kind of funky the way they seem to "bend" back (no offense to anyone that has them.) I kind of like the GenMAr because they are more angular, and if the stock upper handlebar holder can re-used with them, it seems like they would be fairly invisible.

Last edited:

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the SW-Motech risers. And while I couldn't quite get the bolt holes to line up to re-use the stock upper handlebar holder, others have reported being able to do so.

John

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the SW-Motech risers. And while I couldn't quite get the bolt holes to line up to re-use the stock upper handlebar holder, others have reported being able to do so.

John

I could not line them up either.

I rode with them for a short while today but I won`t comment on them until next season when i have done a lot of mileage.

But for the price you pay they could be a lot better. Colour match etc.

Steve

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the 1" up 1" back. It takes a little strain off the back, and the more upright, the more better, as far as I'm concerned. Many of us have installed those risers, and all have reported that the front brake cable barely is long enough with the bar in the new position. If you were to use something like those GenMar that move the handlebars back more, you'd likely be in for somehow replacing the brake cable. That's more of a mod than I'm up for. For the small extra positioning, you could be in for a big headache. I'd go with the SW Motech. Those work with no other modification.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the 1\\" up 1\\" back. It takes a little strain off the back, and the more upright, the more better, as far as I'm concerned. Many of us have installed those risers, and all have reported that the front brake cable barely is long enough with the bar in the new position. If you were to use something like those GenMar that move the handlebars back more, you'd likely be in for somehow replacing the brake cable. That's more of a mod than I'm up for. For the small extra positioning, you could be in for a big headache. I'd go with the SW Motech. Those work with no other modification.

Thanks for the details on the SW-Motech. If the GenMar risers would require replacing the brake line, that would be a deal-breaker. Actually I was thinking of trying to fabricate some mock-ups of the GenMars out of wood or something that I can work with. Just to test position and impact on cables and brake lines of course. I wouldn't test ride it. :)