Generic Levers w/ Mirror Mounts (installed)

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I debated whether this was worth posting or not.....

For a while now I've been trying to figure out a different way to mount my mirrors in order to reclaim some realestate on the bars (so I could mount handguards in the winter). I had been contemplating importing the clutch lever for a fz6n from europe, but then I found these guys (thank you gharris66!). For $20, I figured it was worth a shot. Since the mounting point on the side of the brake fluid reservoir is actually there even on non-naked fz6's, they just don't drill it out at the factory, I only mounted the clutch side lever and drilled the mount on the brake side myself.

Final thoughts:
  • It's a $10 lever, not the best quality, a bit wobbly, but I'm not very particular about levers, so it's good enough for me.
  • The adjuster screw on the new lever isn't long enough to get the friction point where I like it. I ended up taking five #6 washers and using them as spacers to push the cable out a bit farther.
  • I now have mismatched levers (one black, on silver).....eh, who cares. Maybe I'll paint the other one black some day.
  • The clutch sensor switch had to come off, no big deal unless you stall out in traffic. I just closed the circuit with a bit of wire so it thinks the clutch is always engaged....better safe than sorry I guess.
  • I didn't drill the brake side mounting point deep enough, there's about a 1/2inch height difference between the two mirrors. Fixable, I just wanted to be done and go for a ride.

Anyways, here are pictures of the results if anyone else is contemplating the same thing. For $20 bucks and an hours work I'm pretty happy.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, I was just about to PM you the link. For $20 I couldn't be happier. Eventually I might look around for a better replacement though, the quality isn't that impressive and having the clutch switch actually working would be nice. Another option I was thinking of was getting the stock clutch lever off of a Versys. A buddy of mine has one and i was comparing our levers the other day. It looks like it would work (7/8 bar, 10mm mirror mount), and it's a much better lever than these generics. At the moment I'm satisfied so I probably won't get around to it for a long while....too many other things to work on first. Good luck!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't we been over this before? You have to import them. Importing is expensive, difficult and time consuming.

Indeed it is a pain to bring stuff from europe.. but every once in a while it's worth it.. I picked up a complete set of euro spec oem turn signals (2 front & 2 back) for 20 euros on a french forum I visit every once in a while (I'm still waiting for them to get here though :))

My point is if somebody is really interested in getting a fz6n euro spec clutch lever, let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

gharris66

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed it is a pain to bring stuff from europe.. but every once in a while it's worth it.. I picked up a complete set of euro spec oem turn signals (2 front & 2 back) for 20 euros on a french forum I visit every once in a while (I'm still waiting for them to get here though :))

My point is if somebody is really interested in getting a fz6n euro spec clutch lever, let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

I am definitely interested. I'm going to start looking and see what I can find. These levers just didn't do it for me.