Gas tank removal?

Scooter56

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to remove the gas tank. It looks like a no brainer but I am concerned about the fuel line disconnect. How does it come apart and will it automatically stop the flow of gas from the tank? I really don't want a bunch of gas running all over the bike and floor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I have not done this and the first question is why do you want it off?

If you remove the 2 allen bolts at the front the tank can then be lifted up on the back hinge almmost vertically and propped up to work on the airfilter and battery.

Put a cannister under the right hand vent pipe because it will put out a little petrol.

I think to remove the tank completely it is best that you drain it totally.

Steve

Can someone tell me how to remove the gas tank. It looks like a no brainer but I am concerned about the fuel line disconnect. How does it come apart and will it automatically stop the flow of gas from the tank? I really don't want a bunch of gas running all over the bike and floor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Search JONAC's posts, he did a mod on his bike. I think it may have been the easy digi gear mod. Jonac has a great picture of proping the tank up.

Neil

Back