fz8!!??

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Uhh...I don't get it. All that does is make the gap between the FZ6 and the FZ1 a whole lot smaller. Seems kind of dumb to me. Maybe they're planning on fazing out the fz1 as well...

Sweet looking bike though!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, though I don't like the name...750cc does not shorten to 8 in my book. Also, upon reading the article, I thought the Gladius was Suzuki's replacement for the naked SV650, but they list both the Gladius and the SV650 as naked middleweight bikes already in the lineup for Suzuki:confused:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be great to have a 750 powered naked available from Yami. But to get rid of the FZ6 for the FZ8 doesn't make much sense to me. Where will the "begginer" rider look?
Having the FZ8 with good adjustable suspension, a good swingarm, better brakes, etc. could attract the intermediate /advanced rider who doesn't want a Liter bike, but wants the naked with solid parts and a bit more torque. God knows, I keep ogling the Speed Triple just for that fact.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, though I don't like the name...750cc does not shorten to 8 in my book. Also, upon reading the article, I thought the Gladius was Suzuki's replacement for the naked SV650, but they list both the Gladius and the SV650 as naked middleweight bikes already in the lineup for Suzuki:confused:

According to my dealer, the gladius replaced the completely naked, but they kept the faired SV around. Yet somehow I can still get both for 09. I think suzuki is just testing the reception of the gladius... and it hasn't been doing well in my city.

As for the FZ8, it wouldn't replace our model, the FZ6R is supposed to do that. It would compete with.. uhh, nothing i think is even in that class other then the GSX-R750.

Last edited:

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple thoughts: First, it probably wouldn't come to the US anytime soon, we just don't get enough of the cool stuff. Second, they would have to develop an entirely new engine, which could possible mean trouble for the first few years.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who noticed that the "fz8" is air cooled. That is something I have a serious problem with. I vote NO! it looks like a V-max knock off.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know how yamaha names the fz6r as a replacement for the fz6. When you line these two bikes up side by side they're nothing alike. No styling cues whatsoever taken from the fizzer.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I the only one who noticed that the "fz8" is air cooled. That is something I have a serious problem with. I vote NO! it looks like a V-max knock off.

I didn't read the whole story... does it mention that it is air cooled somewhere? I think it is highly unlikely that it is air cooled... The picture clearly shows what would be a radiator above the exhaust pipes...

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't read the whole story... does it mention that it is air cooled somewhere? The picture clearly shows what would be a radiator above the exhaust pipes...

yeah after looking closely I noticed that, but it is still ugly and stupid, dosent make any sence.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site

I seriously doubt that that image is an official one. That article seems to contradict itself many times. First, they make it sound like it's for sure, then they say that Yamaha has only put a bid on the name. I don't know where they got that image, but I wouldn't put much stock by it.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the only concrete thing in the article is that they registered the FZ8 name in June. Who knows maybe they could make it an 800 so the name wouldn't be a misnomer.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be great to have a 750 powered naked available from Yami. But to get rid of the FZ6 for the FZ8 doesn't make much sense to me. Where will the "begginer" rider look?
Having the FZ8 with good adjustable suspension, a good swingarm, better brakes, etc. could attract the intermediate /advanced rider who doesn't want a Liter bike, but wants the naked with solid parts and a bit more torque. God knows, I keep ogling the Speed Triple just for that fact.

I think yamaha want the xj6 to take up the position fz6 is in now. If they could keep the weight the same but with more power and torque and adjustable front suspension I would consider buying one.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you buy a Seven Point Five Zero, there we go the new Yamaha SPFZ...sorry...why get one of them and not an F1

SPFZ

You heard it here first.

Steve

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In th UK we have a paper called motorcycle news which is renowned for photochopping bikes and claiming they are some form of concept from a major manufacturer.
Could the same thing happen down under?

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
In th UK we have a paper called motorcycle news which is renowned for photochopping bikes and claiming they are some form of concept from a major manufacturer.
Could the same thing happen down under?

I think that is exactly what the photo is. still they have registered the trademark.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the photo is photo shopped, and even in the case that yamaha would make a fz8, it probably means that they would also make an R8. as a replica for the motogp specs. which would only make sense if they cancelled the 600cc altogether, and increased the 1000cc's to 1100 (at least in my view)

i say bogus