Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that is freaking HOT!!!!!

Moto-Journal_Yamaha-FZ8_BMW-S600RR.gif

2641585280_small_1.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I'm sure there are droves of people that will apeal to....... the folks that grew up playing with Transformer toys.

All the extra plastic just doesn't do it for me. Motor, wheels, frame, fuel tank.... the parts should be understandable, and perform their function. A bikini is timeless, because it does it's job..... I don't need to see fur on a bikini............

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that single prism headlight is fugly. Fugly on all those bikes you metion. Looks too "transformerish" to me. Kinda neat and wierd looking, but not something I'd want to look at day in and day out, when transient style has moved on to some other bike component.

I've heard it put forth that dual headlights are bad because they can be mistaken for a car that is a long ways away rather than a motorcycle that is close with two headlights near each other.
Ì think Yamaha are being clever. The original FZ6 was to many, a bike that had unique looks.
The thing that I am looking forward to is, when R6 owners do the ultimate engine mod and drop the FZ8 in lol.

Nelly

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
these pictures are not official or they would be on the yamaha-motor-europe.com/fz8 site. These pictures are artistic renderings of what they speculate the FZ8 will be. These images are quite a bit older than the FZ8 announcement and should be disregarded. Weigh these images the same as the picture of the "2008" "2009" and "2010" "fz6" concepts that were a concoction of R6 and FZ6 pieces photoshopped together. Yamaha is VERY GOOD at keeping things tight lipped. Have patience! It most likely is gonna be Europe only anyhow.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah its a shame they didnt spend the money upgrading our bikes to a new model and we could change parts to make ours better.

Im in 2 minds at the moment about the new one. should i trade up or keep my baby. prolly keep my baby till its dead.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
the first pic I likey...this may be a contender for my future upgrade..... we'll see what it looks like in the US :)

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
These pictures are artistic renderings of what they speculate the FZ8 will be. These images are quite a bit older than the FZ8 announcement and should be disregarded.

^^Listen to this man. Those have been circulating for a long time. They are not the real bike.
Look at the photo on the website, completely different, and for the better.

michael_p

Reaction score
Visit site
21261326245.jpg

According to a danish site(magacin.dk), this should be IT :confused:

Exhaust and swingarm looks different to previous pic.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks like a photochop of bother the artist render and a fz6r... somehow doubt thats it.. or yamaha wouldnt be making such a big deal about this...

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
for a magasine that claims the first official photo of the bike.. it sure is awfull quality, + it doesnt go with the design principles yamaha is putting on their new bikes. it looks like something that would come out of a suzuki factory, not a yamaha.

its a photoshop job and not a very good one either

the official teaser has black plastic mirrors on par with the new models, and not the nikel cruizer ones of the "photo"
and in the teaser shot its obvious that the tank is made of metal and doesnt have any plastic coverings....

but im sure they got a nice bump on their website visits up there in demark

Last edited:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope the new model looks nothing like the botched photo. There are 4 bikes on the road that already have similar lines. The gladius, er6n, z1000, naked fz1. Yamaha will need some orginality.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
True, looks like a chop. black rim in back, white or chrome rim with black spokes up front? Not likely.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
This is not official, but interesting nonetheless, from Top Speed.com

2010 Yamaha FZ8 rendering - Top Speed

Another "best-guess" / "what if" picture. I don't care for the "transformer" styling, but the mechanical bits I see, I like.

That website said it won't be coming to the USA. :(
I wish they would back that assumption up with some facts though.