FZ6R LED Relay

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is not the right forum, but does anyone know of an LED relay for an 09 FZ6R bike, it's for a friend?

BTW. I tried joining the FZ6R forum, but for some reason it doesn't work.

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And this will work on the FZ6R as well?

Because I Googled it and the only one I see for the FZ6R is the TST Industries relay: LED Flasher Relay Slows Signal Rate Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 R6 R1 Seca | eBay

The body might mount differently but the plug is the same. Most flasher relays on bikes today are 2 wire type. Someone in Canada said they would rather order from a supplier in Canada because of the difference in shipping. I've mailed to Canada from US and it was like a dollar more for the package I was sending. So maybe it is better to get it from Ebay and maybe that is a direct replacement which could be an easier install for you. You won't have to use a wire tie. :)

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone in Canada said they would rather order from a supplier in Canada because of the difference in shipping. I've mailed to Canada from US and it was like a dollar more for the package I was sending. So maybe it is better to get it from Ebay and maybe that is a direct replacement which could be an easier install for you. You won't have to use a wire tie. :)

I'm sure the actual cost of shipping to Canada isn't that bad, but everyone uses it as an excuse to jack up the shipping costs to gouge us, I paid $15 for a throttle cable for another bike and had to pay $35 in shipping... yet I drive a half hour to the border where I have a U.S. PO box and the same thing shipped there for free

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
The body might mount differently but the plug is the same. Most flasher relays on bikes today are 2 wire type. Someone in Canada said they would rather order from a supplier in Canada because of the difference in shipping. I've mailed to Canada from US and it was like a dollar more for the package I was sending. So maybe it is better to get it from Ebay and maybe that is a direct replacement which could be an easier install for you. You won't have to use a wire tie. :)

Ok, fair enough. so it will work. It's odd how they don't have it listed to work with the FZ6R.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
So question about installing these....do I need 4? (1 for each turn signal)

How does it get wired? I current have load resistors for the rear, but not for the front. I've heard this is a better solution because of the heating, but not sure how to install.

Thanks,

Marcelo

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You just need one electronic flasher. It is the same flasher that is used for your directionals and 4 way flasher. :) Get rid of the load resistors! It just plugs in, in place of your OEM flasher. Easy!

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you. I'll order one and get rid of the resistors.

I might have more questions once I'm ready to install.

Thanks again.