FZ6N headlight mod

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got it back from the shop 7 hours and $325 later, not including the price for the headlight. Absolutely loving the look. Gotta wait til tom. nite to ride at night. Lemme know what you guys think!

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
my fellow hoosier that is one bad ass light. Looks very similar to the fz8n light. Who manufactures the light and flyscreen? I really like your setup.

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
my fellow hoosier that is one bad ass light. Looks very similar to the fz8n light. Who manufactures the light and flyscreen? I really like your setup.

That guy that was selling the FZ6N headlight, dev_usc, was the one I bought it from. Its all OEM Yamaha. Thank you very much. Gonna take it out to the drive-in tonight. 2 movies and a night ride? Yes please.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
looks cool :thumbup:

Strange though,the light mounting brackets are totally different to my FZN.
are they different to Euro spec?

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea it's the ones from India. I love the output and the windscreen isn't some flimsy piece of plastic. It's a hard plastic one. The only thing is I have the speedo mounted on my handlebars instead of being recessed in the housing. I personally like it better. Able to see it a lot better.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sorry, i dont like it....especially the instrument cluster on the handlebars, and the Headlight side pods....but if you like it, and it pushes your "buttons", that is all that matters in my book...

Cheers for sharing....it's definitely unique. IMHO, the FZ6N headlight is much nicer.

:thumbup:

fatboy71

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Do you really need to relocate the speedo? I'm getting this set but just like to know if the meters really need to be relocated. If it's just a matter of visibility, I'd mod the displays to be LED backlit.

I ride an FZ6N S2 2008.

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Do you really need to relocate the speedo? I'm getting this set but just like to know if the meters really need to be relocated. If it's just a matter of visibility, I'd mod the displays to be LED backlit.

I ride an FZ6N S2 2008.

No it can be recessed behind the flyscreen. That's just something I had to do for my last headlight mod that went horribly wrong.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I am sorry, i dont like it....especially the instrument cluster on the handlebars, and the Headlight side pods....but if you like it, and it pushes your "buttons", that is all that matters in my book...

Cheers for sharing....it's definitely unique. IMHO, the FZ6N headlight is much nicer.

:thumbup:

I like it. I ordered one. I will not be mounting my cluster on the bars. I will put them where they are suppose to go. Will give it a cleaner look. I will also be having the side pods painted to match the rest of my paint job. Some rizoma indicators and mirrors and I think it will look great. Cant beat the price.

Yes the Fz1 burlington kit is very nice, but pricey and this one is plug and play.

WALKERDUDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, nice look... i was planning on doing the same thing to my bike... would it be hard to make the converstion youself?

Last edited:

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Same as above, planning the exact same conversion with same headlight but not sure if I possess feel confident to do it myself. Has anyone done it themselves with this kit and was it difficult? I see the 700+ price for install, yikes! Thanks!