FZ6 with Two Brothers

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
After searching the forums I have a couple quick questions because I really couldn't find the exact answers.
I have my eye on another 07 FZ6. It has a two brothers exhaust installed but the stock one is available to swap if need be. My questions are:
How easy is it to swap the two systems? (I have a very handy hubby so shouldn't be a problem, but curious how difficult it may be).
If it turns out I like the sound of the two brothers (I really don't want a loud bike however) I have noticed people trying to set up a Givi system. How successful are the racks mounting to the bike with the Two Brothers and a Fender Eliminator set up?
Thanks!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Swapping exhausts is not very difficult. About 45 minutes to an hour of work.
It's possible to mount TB and Givi rack, but it may require just a bit of creativity here and there. It's been done though, so you won't be the first.

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
As long as he has all the stock bolts and misc parts along with him not cutting the stock exhaust you should be fine. Putting the stock back on is simple. I have two bros on my bike (love it!) but it is very loud. They do have db killers you can get installed but are kinda pricey.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found the sound reduction tips for around $24 each which is pretty cheap I think. With both p1x tips in the exhaust is not obnoxious at all i think actually a little too quiet.

Protaper48

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,
After searching the forums I have a couple quick questions because I really couldn't find the exact answers.
I have my eye on another 07 FZ6. It has a two brothers exhaust installed but the stock one is available to swap if need be. My questions are:
How easy is it to swap the two systems? (I have a very handy hubby so shouldn't be a problem, but curious how difficult it may be).
If it turns out I like the sound of the two brothers (I really don't want a loud bike however) I have noticed people trying to set up a Givi system. How successful are the racks mounting to the bike with the Two Brothers and a Fender Eliminator set up?
Thanks!

To swap out the exhaust is easy as 1 2 3. I love my TB exhaust... yes it is loud, I wear ear plugs when I ride. I decided to go with TB after I almost became a hood ornament last summer when some clown ran a stop sign. :eek:

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site

Rice_Rocket

Newbie-- don't be hatin'
Reaction score
Visit site
Exhaust looks normal on that pic.. you can swap it in easy, but most people would love to keep the exhaust. You can sell it for $$ easy if you don't.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I had that TB exhaust on my FZ for a while. The P1-X tips make the exhaust much more bearable. They eliminate the annoying hollow-bass rumble at idle, and make the bike sound a bit more "racey" at higher RPMs. Still very loud, but not as brutal when riding. Well worth the cost if you want to keep 'em on.

The exhaust is very easy on FZ's. It can look a bit daunting, but it's really fast and easy once you start taking stuff apart. I'm so used to it now, that it takes me more time to gather my tools and put them away afterwards than it does to do anything else on the exhaust. lol

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the bike in question, I know not alot you can tell from the ads. The bike is listed on 2 different selling sites (I have verified this with the owner).
2007 yamaha fz6 - London Sport Touring Motorcycles For Sale - Kijiji London Canada.
Pics are better on Autotrader
Used 2007 Yamaha Fz6 for Sale In STRATHROY, ON - 4110591 - autoTRADER.ca

I think I've asked all the right questions so we'll see what comes out of it.

No one has said this yet, but I would talk the guy down on the price, it is 4 years old and has a lot of kilometers on the clock for the asking price. As far as the exhaust, if you don't want them someone on here would take them off your hands.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
That price is fair in my opinion, as a starting point to barter with. You will deffinately get it cheaper.

Looks like a nice bike.

Where are you located? I live in Simcoe part time.

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
Live in Brampton. Turns out the guy with this bike was not much of a motivated seller. Didn't have a UVIP (didn't realize he needed one) and wasn't willing to go out and get it certified any time soon. Because it is over 200km away and I didn't have a warm, fuzzy feeling we said forget it.

nicholas.craft

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably best you passed. I just picked up an 05 with 11,000 mi on it for $3,000. It came with the two bro exhaust and the chin fairing under the motor. As for the exhaust, so far I love it! On a bike it has been my experience you will be heard before you are seen. Just pop in the ipod or some ear plugs. IMO.:thumbup: