FZ6 times up.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official with the sale of my tb cans, that my time with the fz6 is over. The FZ6 was a GREAT bike, but the time come for me to try a different bike. With the mid size bike is blowing up, I want to wait a few years and see if Triumph comes out with a 800cc Triple, or if the FZ-09 get abs.
In the mean time, I think a nice modern café racer will be fun to pass the time. A Honda CB550, or CM400 would be nice. They have nice power, good weight, and easy on gas.

I plan on hanging around the site, because it's the best bike form on the web. You folks help me do things to my bike that I never taught I could do on my own. I had my bike so nice that when I would park it at euro bike shops, guy on BMW, and Ducati would come to check it out.

Thanks again to all your help. You guys are GREAT.:cheer:

I still say red is by far the fastest color for the FZ6.:D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow I'm kind of surprised. You held on to ex250 forever! I thought you'd keep FZ6 for the long haul too!

Nothing wrong with riding all sorts of different bikes :thumbup:
Glad you're sticking around!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
You got to do what your heart tells you but personally I wouldn't trade my FZ6 for 10 CB550's. Many years ago I owned a CB550, a custom cafa 550 would be a cool second or third bike but I couldn't imagine it being my main bike. Good luck.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow I'm kind of surprised. You held on to ex250 forever! I thought you'd keep FZ6 for the long haul too!

Nothing wrong with riding all sorts of different bikes :thumbup:
Glad you're sticking around!

I would have, but after a total loss, it's time to try something new. The lil Ninja will be up for sale at the first of the year as well.:eek: I hope to have a café bike to do the job of the lil Ninja.

The guy that made the café racer in the photo, will help me with my bike.:cheer: I just need to find a donor for the build. Looking for a under 650cc 70s-80s Honda, or Yamaha.
This is one of his builds.
Honda CM400 Cafe Racer ~ Return of the Cafe Racers

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
You got to do what your heart tells you but personally I wouldn't trade my FZ6 for 10 CB550's. Many years ago I owned a CB550, a custom cafa 550 would be a cool second or third bike but I couldn't imagine it being my main bike. Good luck.

I'm scared to get a new mid size bike right now. I know if I get a FZ-09, or Street Triple, the very next year the STR will get a 800cc, or the FZ-09 will have ABS. A café racer will hold me over until the dust clears, or Marthy is ready to sale is FZ-09 cheap in about a year.:D

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ9 and be happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm scared to get a new mid size bike right now. I know if I get a FZ-09, or Street Triple, the very next year the STR will get a 800cc, or the FZ-09 will have ABS. A café racer will hold me over until the dust clears, or Marty is ready to sale is FZ-09 cheap in about a year.:D

3udu3y7e.jpg
ta9u9ehu.jpg
amuda3ym.jpg

Sorry! I can't sell the most badass FZ-09 in the world... :)

But if you get one its about all sort out now.

Before Ebay get all clean up... 2008-10 ZX-10 rear shock fit. Waiting on fork spring on Monday. 10W oil for now until options on cartridge show up.

The bike is a blast to ride. The weak points are pretty much all sort out... EBC brake pads are on there way too... that should make a very nice package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I'm scared to get a new mid size bike right now. I know if I get a FZ-09, or Street Triple, the very next year the STR will get a 800cc, or the FZ-09 will have ABS. A café racer will hold me over until the dust clears, or Marty is ready to sale is FZ-09 cheap in about a year.:D

I understand completely. I had a stack of cash ready to get a FZ-09. I went as far as as negotiating a price with a trade in. When the 09 showed up I took one for a test ride and decided it wasn't for me. I think I'm going to hold off another season and see what else comes out. Or maybe a Ninja 1000 ABS.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have, but after a total loss, it's time to try something new. The lil Ninja will be up for sale at the first of the year as well.:eek: I hope to have a café bike to do the job of the lil Ninja.

The guy that made the café racer in the photo, will help me with my bike.:cheer: I just need to find a donor for the build. Looking for a under 650cc 70s-80s Honda, or Yamaha.
This is one of his builds.
Honda CM400 Cafe Racer ~ Return of the Cafe Racers

try to get your hands on a Suzuki Bandit GS400f. 4cyl high rev. low displacement superfunbike

or just maybe, that new VFR800 will come stateside:rolleyes: (but Honda's marketing division is in the way of that.....)

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official with the sale of my tb cans, that my time with the fz6 is over. The FZ6 was a GREAT bike, but the time come for me to try a different bike. With the mid size bike is blowing up, I want to wait a few years and see if Triumph comes out with a 800cc Triple, or if the FZ-09 get abs.
In the mean time, I think a nice modern café racer will be fun to pass the time. A Honda CB550, or CM400 would be nice. They have nice power, good weight, and easy on gas.

I plan on hanging around the site, because it's the best bike form on the web. You folks help me do things to my bike that I never taught I could do on my own. I had my bike so nice that when I would park it at euro bike shops, guy on BMW, and Ducati would come to check it out.

Thanks again to all your help. You guys are GREAT.:cheer:

I still say red is by far the fastest color for the FZ6.:D

Ohh man not you too!

I sold my Fz6 to my brother few weeks ago.

I am looking for a donor bike to build myself a custom tracker or a scrambler. Something fun to ride around the city and call it my own.

My goal is to completely strip down the bike and install new inverted forks, radial brakes etc. Gotta keep it safe. I had a vintage Honda and it's disc brakes were almost non existent. If your building yourself a bike, spend a little bit more money but get better brakes. After coming off FZ6 it will feel like you have no brakes at all if you keep that vintage set up.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ahhh bugger but at least yr staying on- site

i gotta say as soon as triumph put out an 800 street triple i will have to look and feel

but until then
FZ6 !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
With the sales of the FZ-09 doing so well, I know the mid size bike world is about to blow up. I want to be in a good place with my cash when the new bikes hit the US.:rockon:

With the café build, I hope to have a nice 550cc with good gas mileage, fun, modern suspension, and modern brakes. It will be a bike for short around town trips to the market. A market racer. Hay I like that, I think that's what I'll call her when she's done.

My market racer.:rockon: