FZ6 specific HID projector retrofit group-buy feeler

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
ATTN: Admin/Moderators - This will be moved to the for sale section once we get some interest. I know most do not search there for this kind of thing and I want to give more FZ6 owner's the opportunity to get this done for a very reasonable price.

Over the past 6 years I have been custom building HID projector retrofits for the car community and several years ago I successfully retrofit my FZ6 as seen in this thread: [URL="http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/36737.html"]http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/36737.html[/URL]

Today there is a nice little bi-xenon (high/low beam) HID projector kit called the Morimoto Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

I am currently doing a group buy with a car group and as a result I am able to get the Morimoto kits at a decent price. Having a lot of experience with headlight modification and knowing that most FZ6 owners do not, what I am offering is a chance for you to have a dual projector bi-xenon (High/Low beam) HID system installed into your factory FZ6 headlamps at a very reasonable price while your bike may be down anyway for the winter! :thumbup:

Total cost to you will be: $340 USD

This price will include the complete HID projector kit Morimoto Kit: Projectors, HID ballasts, HID bulbs, Plug and play wiring harness, labor to install, new headlight lens sealant, and insured UPS shipping back to your continental USA address. I can also ship internationally for an additional shipping charge.
For an additional $25, I will install LED POD lights with bulb holders into your USDM headlamp. I have Amber LED in mine. You will have to splice the wiring into your running light circuit for the POD lights to work.
Payments must be made through Paypal.com

What will be required: You will have to take your headlamps out of your fairing and send them to me in a suitable packaging for the retrofitting to be done to them. They will come back to you completely ready to be installed back on the bike. You will simply mount your ballasts to the inside of the fairing using industrial velcro or other means and run the wiring from the battery as instructed.

The Morimoto kit performs very similarly to the FX35 retrofit I did on my bike.
Here are some pictures of the finished product:
chrome bezels around the projectors are optional. I can paint the inside of the housing black as I have done on mine in these pictures or leave it all chrome if you prefer.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

Output Low Beam only:
Img_0390.jpg

Bi-xenon highbeam on:
Img_0393.jpg

Output on road
Low beam only:
Img_0387.jpg

Bi-xenon Highbeam on:
Img_0385.jpg

Open to any and all questions, comments, concerns.

Since I already have an active group buy on these products going I can give the FZ6 community this price through January 3rd, 2012 with no minimum number of participants required! :rockon:

I have many vouches on my retrofitting services on Honda Preludes here (my alias there is JLUDE): http://www.preludepower.com/forums/itrader.php?u=64220

Thank you.

Last edited:

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested, but just a couple of questions. Will both low beams be on, do you know the power they use both low and high? Is there any reason to be concerned with moisture ingress after they will be re-sealed?

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Fizzer -- potential cost for those of us that have gone naked? AKA -- if we only needed one light/one ballast/etc? I could be interested, and I might just make the ride down to meet ya and let you do it, haha.

-Matt

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Fizzer -- potential cost for those of us that have gone naked? AKA -- if we only needed one light/one ballast/etc? I could be interested, and I might just make the ride down to meet ya and let you do it, haha.

-Matt

For those gone naked, make sure you got enough room in the headlight to put these projectors.
The OEM FZ6-N headlight doesn't fit the Morimoto Mini H1 (believe me....), but do take the Morimoto Mini D2S kit (more on this will follow when my parts arrive ;))

Grtz,

Degake

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested, but just a couple of questions. Will both low beams be on, do you know the power they use both low and high? Is there any reason to be concerned with moisture ingress after they will be re-sealed?
I will update this if I get conflicting information from the manufacturer who I have messaged on this but generally each ballast runs on 35W DC @ 11-15VDC. It takes about 11amps per ballast to start them up but that quickly tappers off to only about 3amps each once the bulb warms up (generally about 5 seconds. With both HID ballasts running you are pulling less power than running ONE 75W halogen bulb. The bi-xenon highbeam is simple a small solenoid coil that pulls down the cutoff shield, exposing the entire HID beam. It takes about 0.05 amp to pull down each solenoid shield so with the high beams on it will be essentially no difference in electrical draw on the system. :thumbup:
The headlights will be re-sealed with butyl rubber sealant and will be every bit as water tight as they were from the factory.

-Matt
Depends on the headlight on your conversion, is it large enough to house a projector, can it be taken apart? the cost would be about 40% less if you only need half the kit. :thumbup:

or how about a diy kits????
I can sell you the DIY kit for $230 + shipping. The kits cost $270 normally from theretrofitsource.com

Would there be an option for those who would like Angel Eyes put in with the HID's as well. if so would there be another price upgrade?
That is an option, $30 additional and then you will have to wire the Angel Eye wiring into your running light wiring.

- J

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I live in Texas and therefore don't have a "down season" what is your turnaround expected to be ?

Thanks

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I live in Texas and therefore don't have a "down season" what is your turnaround expected to be ?

Thanks

If you pay in full at the time that you ship me your headlights I will place your order for the parts at that time which should get the parts in around the same time as your headlights. It will take no more than 1 week from the time I have all the parts in to ship them back. All said your bike may be down for 10-14 days including the shipping times.

-J

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hi fizzer, this is tempting! are you willing to ship it to singapore? i am considering between the option of purchasing a 2nd headlight assembly shipped directly to you OR just purchase the morimoto set and use it on race fairings. are the projectors heavy?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
hi fizzer, this is tempting! are you willing to ship it to singapore? i am considering between the option of purchasing a 2nd headlight assembly shipped directly to you OR just purchase the morimoto set and use it on race fairings. are the projectors heavy?

It's possible. I would need you to look into the best way to ship to Singapore from the US. I have shipped to Canada and South America once via the USPS. See if you can get an idea of how much it will cost you in shipping before you decide to do it. I would be shipping from Virginia, USA Zip-Code = 22701. The package would probably be about 18x18x12" and weight around 15 lbs.

Each projector weighs about 6 ounces more or less. Each ballasts weighs about the same and the bulbs weigh almost nothing.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW this and the racetec front fork springs were both the best mods i have ever done to my bike, make things almost litterally night and day different :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW this and the racetec front fork springs were both the best mods i have ever done to my bike, make things almost litterally night and day different :)

Absolute truth. Once you run dual HID projectors you will wonder how you ever saw the road with a single crappy h7 flashlight! The added safety of being able to see the road 3 times better and see the sides of the road where deer jump out from is worth doing this!

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
definitely interested. this mod is high high on my upcoming mods list. :cheer:
Would want a DIY solution too.

Q: Do the H1s fit the standard FZ6 (not gone naked) head light housing? Or do the shrouds need cutting down?

Q: What shrouds will be part of the group buy?

Q: EU shipping ok?

Q: When will the group buy be placed (AKA when will you be shipping kits back out)?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Im interested:thumbup:

Prob would be closer to Jan if I can do it tho.
January is when this is all taking place! I need payments in by Jan 3 to get these prices. :thumbup:

definitely interested. this mod is high high on my upcoming mods list. :cheer:
Would want a DIY solution too.

Q: Do the H1s fit the standard FZ6 (not gone naked) head light housing? Or do the shrouds need cutting down?
The shrouds that come with the kit will fit.

Q: What shrouds will be part of the group buy?
These:
MiniGatlingGunShroudsl.jpg

Q: EU shipping ok?
Yes, but you will have to do your own research on what is the best way to ship them from the USA. I'm not really making anything on these if I just sell it as a DIY kit so if you aren't having me install them you will have to tell me which method of shipping to do.

Q: When will the group buy be placed (AKA when will you be shipping kits back out)?
Early January. I need payments in by January 3, 2012.

-J

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Think I'd be able to get in the group buy for non-FZ sizes? My Buell could use some HID action, but I need to do some measuring and whatnot first, so January would be perfect.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Think I'd be able to get in the group buy for non-FZ sizes? My Buell could use some HID action, but I need to do some measuring and whatnot first, so January would be perfect.

That should be fine. Just let me know if you need 1 or 2 projectors and I'll see what I can do.

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at doing this conversion and your price is the best that has been listed so far. I am interested in purchasing a kit.

Last edited: