FZ6 Riders Show us your baby!!

H

HavBlue

OK, I give up, what is that big round plate on the left side above the swingarm?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you are looking at the tax disc. It's a 'certificate' to show that the compulsory Road Fund License has been paid for a given period.

They call it Road Fund License but it does not go to fund the road directly or indirectly. Just another TAX.

Must be displayed as well.

H

HavBlue

I think you are looking at the tax disc. It's a 'certificate' to show that the compulsory Road Fund License has been paid for a given period.

I had thought this may be it but it seemed weird that it would not be visible from the rear of the bike. Here in the US we also pay registration fees and specific taxes for any street vehicle. In many states this is all part of the tag that is visible on the license plate itself. We get a new tag each year after paying. In some states they also have a sticker that is required to be in the window of your cage or on the fork of the bike. On two of my bikes I have what are known as personalized plates (I get to make up my own alpha or numeric combination). The tags sit in the upper right hand corner of the plate and this is the only sticker required. The sticker is reflective and roughly 3/4in/19mm square.

H

HavBlue

That looks good but I really think it needs more red..... Yeah, that's it, more red...:D

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6

i244696813_17330.jpg

Hello all, new to the forums, and still new to riding. I was bit by the 'motorcycle bug' in late May '07, and had my license, motorcycle safety certificate, and 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Cerulean Silver/Black within a week.

I love it, plain and simple. And I love the FZ6. You couldn't get me on another bike, unless it was a 2008 FZ6 :)

This is me on the 4th of July. I usually ride full gear, but was just going into town for the festivities.

Everything is stock, haven't really thought much about modding it, as it is my 'starter bike' and as soon as I saw the black-block '06 and '07 models I really wanted one. So we'll see how things go.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i244696813_17330.jpg

Hello all, new to the forums, and still new to riding. I was bit by the 'motorcycle bug' in late May '07, and had my license, motorcycle safety certificate, and 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Cerulean Silver/Black within a week.

I love it, plain and simple. And I love the FZ6. You couldn't get me on another bike, unless it was a 2008 FZ6 :)

This is me on the 4th of July. I usually ride full gear, but was just going into town for the festivities.

Everything is stock, haven't really thought much about modding it, as it is my 'starter bike' and as soon as I saw the black-block '06 and '07 models I really wanted one. So we'll see how things go.

Good luck in getting a new one, when i was looking i actually saw some of the 05's selling for just as much if not more (at some shops) as my new 07'

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
Really? I just noticed that. I'm still new to the motorcycle world. What is it the 05's have that the others don't?

I didn't want to buy a new one right away, I was lucky enough to find mine with 2200 miles on it. A 50 year old gentleman had it, and just decided he liked his Vulcan more.

So it was nice to get a used bike knowing it hadn't been laid down or used hard.

Unless this 50 year old gentleman was a certified BA. ;)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those pipes hang way out the back, do they cause any visibility issues if the brake light from the side?

ah no they wouldn't have any issues...look at the image with the close up..

but the exhausts do look like they are too far out...would look alot better if they were 2 inches further in to cover up the back of the slip on portion.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really? I just noticed that. I'm still new to the motorcycle world. What is it the 05's have that the others don't?

I didn't want to buy a new one right away, I was lucky enough to find mine with 2200 miles on it. A 50 year old gentleman had it, and just decided he liked his Vulcan more.

So it was nice to get a used bike knowing it hadn't been laid down or used hard.

Unless this 50 year old gentleman was a certified BA. ;)

technically the 04-06 is supposedly not as good (as i put on my flame suit) but as far as motorcycles go, if they are taken care of then they do NOT depreciate all that much. I think it is because they had incentives on the brand new ones and they have no programs set up for used bikes

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes they do stick out a little to much, when i got them i just wanted to put them on in a hurry, i was like a kid in a candy store, after putting them on, i noticed that it looked wrong, so i searched forum for some answers and found out that the Y pipe that goes to the mid pipe needs to be cut shorter. My project for the windscreen and belly pan and the seat cowl are being done now. I will post pic's on friday or saturday of those things they are all getting painted and wrapped in vynil (i cant spell), so.......i will cut the Y pipe next weekend to fit.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
also, if you do get after market cans, when i was tighting the clamps the clamp stript so i called the manufacture and they are sending me a new one, so becarefull or in my opinion get a C clamp that will work the right way.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, cool , be sure to let me know how difficult and how it looks after, the Scorpion CF cans are some that i am starting to think about.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am very happy with the scorp's, but, 2 things that i am unhappy with is
1- the clamps dont clamp, they strip, so either be carefull or modify something
2- the clamps that hold the can to the bike have a black rubber....gasket if you will, come off all the time so just paint the can clamp or modify something
forgot there are 3
3- dont forget the shorten the Y pipe by about 3", but modify it to your own likeing.
Do you see the pattern here, MODIFY... or mayybe its just me, its me right

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am very happy with the scorp's, but, 2 things that i am unhappy with is
1- the clamps dont clamp, they strip, so either be carefull or modify something
2- the clamps that hold the can to the bike have a black rubber....gasket if you will, come off all the time so just paint the can clamp or modify something
forgot there are 3
3- dont forget the shorten the Y pipe by about 3", but modify it to your own likeing.
Do you see the pattern here, MODIFY... or mayybe its just me, its me right

could it be that you have an 07 and the pipes are for an 06 or before?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well i have been looking for an exhaust, but if all that you have to do is cut the Y-pipe a bit then I will actually be happy since not many companies have an exhaust for the 07+ yet